COLISEUM MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This is a fulltime hourly position. Incumbents are responsible for maintaining and repairing all aspects of the Cadence Bank Arena & Conference Center building, plumbing, HVAC, mechanical, electrical and other related facilities. Required to work extended and/or irregular hours including some nights, weekends, and holidays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned by the Director of Operations.
- Works alongside the operations staff to support various events and activities at the arena and conference center.
- Works with Production Managers (day of show) to accommodate productions in the areas of electrical hookups and other requirements as outlined in artist's production rider.
- Oversees the set up and installation of Ice rinks for all Ice Rink related shows and events.
- Assists with event change-overs, building and grounds maintenance, seating, building equipment, and has knowledge of safety procedures.
- Inspects, maintains, and repairs equipment in a timely and efficient manner. Strong HVAC and electrical skills are required.
- Performs pre-event inspections of the facility to ensure set-up standards are followed.
- Ensure all standard operating procedures for the facility including all machinery and equipment are followed.
- Maintain an on-going line of communication with management personnel concerning specific duties.
- 7-4 Monday-Friday is the required normal working hours. Working hours may change to accommodate events at the arena and/or conference center.
- Other related duties as assigned.
This position requires no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma is required.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of HVAC and electrical experience.
- The individual needs to possess considerable knowledge of practice, methods, tools, materials used, and diagnosis and repair in the maintenance of all related building trades.
- Experience and knowledge of a wide range of power tools.
- Education and experience may all be interchangeably considered on an equal basis.
Must operate 'two-way' communication devices as necessary. Computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office if required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, or government regulations. Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community. Ability to write letters and/or articles of publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or governmental officials. Must speak and write the English language fluently.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Engage in decisions related to crowd management in a prompt and decisive manner during crisis situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
- Must have a current license to operate a motor vehicle in the United States and proof of valid insurance if operating vehicles on behalf of company.
- Electrical certification or the ability to obtain such certification is preferred.
- HVAC certification or the ability to obtain such certification is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the work may involve lifting, pulling, pushing, positioning or through the use of tools exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally (6-33% of the work day); and lifting, pulling, pushing, positioning or through the use of tools exerting up to 50 pounds of force frequently (34-66% 0f the work day).
- The work may involve overhead exertion on occasion.
- The work may involve standing, walking and bending at the waist frequently; and sitting, squatting, kneeling, crawling and climbing ladders, stairs or other means of positioning one’s own body weight.
- The work may involve use of the hands for simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation of objects, tools (including power tools), controls and equipment frequently, and repetitively occasionally.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Additional work environment levels may be implemented by the Director. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, and vibration.
- The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme heat and cold; explosives and risk of radiation.
- The noise level work environment is usually moderate.
- With entertainment and crowd management being one of the many aspects of this industry, occasional extremely loud noise levels are present in the work environment. There are also times of low light intensity.
- Must assist with emergency and/or crisis management aspects of the facility when warranted.
City Of Tupelo
Get fresh Maintenance Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.