Responsible for the research, analysis, investigation and resolution of fraudulent activities and any resulting Suspicious Activity Worksheets (SARW) and filing of SARs. Review account records and/or transactions involving potential fraudulent activity submitted to Corporate Security in accordance with the Bank Secrecy Act. May oversee and provide guidance to other Corporate Security colleagues in the preparation of Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR) and submitting data to FinCEN. Conduct internal and workplace violence investigations as needed. Represent Corporate Security in computer-related investigations.
Requires in-depth knowledge and experience. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions. This position generally has expertise in more than one specific technique or investigative process. Works independently; receives minimal guidance, under limited supervision. Applies subject matter knowledge; requires capacity to understand specific needs or requirements to apply skills/knowledge. Provides guidance to unit staff regarding SAR questions and filings. Conducts internal and external investigations and interviews relative to potential colleague involvement in criminal and/or unethical activities. Works closely with Human Resources and Legal, providing detailed investigative notes. Acts as a lead and resource for colleagues with less experience, overseeing, guiding and directing the day to day activities and can assume the duties of the Manager in the Managers absence when needed.
- Prepares all Suspicious Activity Reports of the activity identified as suspicious or fraud related. Is the primary person responsible to maintain the records of reported activity as required under the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Develops, implements, and manages the investigation of SARW's and related fraudulent activity. Prioritize focus toward areas identified as having the highest levels of risk to the company.
- Analyzes and evaluates compliance risks and recommends changes to policies and procedures.
- Makes recommendations to appropriate business unit regarding the closing of accounts or other actions that may be necessary to mitigate the risk to the Bank.
- Submits completed file of SARs to FinCEN within established timeframe.
- Establishes and maintains case files and obtains required documentation.
- Monitors and follows up on open cases.
- Prepares summary reports.
- Acts as liaison with other areas of the Bank and law enforcement agencies as needed.
- Attends internal and external meetings, seminars, workshops, etc. to expand professional expertise.
- Identifies and addresses compliance training needs by partnering with business areas and Compliance Training Manager.
- Integrates activities with other departments to accomplish common goals.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of Bank policies, procedures and industry best practices.
- Ensures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures and applicable regulations with assigned areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- *High school diploma required.
- *Minimum of 4 years of experience working at a financial institution required.
- *Minimum of 2 years of Fraud investigation experience required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Must have excellent knowledge of investigations, banking operations, government regulations, and account reconcilement.
- Strong knowledge of SAR requirements and understanding of federal regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Cyber Fraud knowledge and experience required.
- Presentation and public speaking skills required.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills required.
- Excellent verbal/written and written communication skills required to interact with all levels of Bank personnel and outside contacts.
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and Access required
- Ability to proofread and edit documents.
- Excellent organizational, time management and analytical skills.
- Excellent leadership skills, able to interact effectively with management and staff at all levels.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note : This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note : Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/DisabledLegal/Compliance