MIT(Manager in Training
City National Bank and Trust
Position: Manager in Training
Status: Full time
Description: The Manager in Training develops and trains to become the Branch manager. The MIT role generally lasts no more than 6 months and is at minimum 30-60 days training (for in house promotions) and 60-90 days training for new MIT. This is followed by an expectations period. MITs are expected to learn to achieve and follow the same expectations as Branch Managers role.
The Branch Manager is responsible for the growth and well-being of the business and staff. They are responsible to be the sales manager, coach, team leader, and officer of City National Bank in the branch. The Manager leads by example, handle sales and operations equally well, and act as a liaison between the branch and the other areas of the bank. The Manager will focus on sales management and coaching activities, review and oversee operational areas, and communicate to superiors effectively. The Manager will set the example for the quality of customer experiences and customer follow up that is expected and will take steps to ensure the customers’ experience exceeds their expectations.
- Demonstrate performance of a sales and service leader using expanded and in-depth knowledge of retail services, products, and selling techniques
- Establish rapport with the employees, customer base, and prospects
- Possess knowledge of competitor bank products and services
- Initiate and demonstrate sales conversations with prospects within the store (for instore locations), at the branch, and in the market area
- Manage staff and work with team on building camaraderie among personnel to achieve branch and individual goals
- Communicating performance expectations to each staff member and assists with monitoring performance
- Coach, lead and encourage employees in the development of individual and branch goals
- Supervise and participate in the 2-2-2 call initiative
- (Instore Locations) Cultivate relationships with the store management team and store employees to garner referrals of customers within and outside of the facility
- Use available banking resources and provide training to staff for problem resolution
- Responsible for the implementation of all marketing promotions and campaigns
- Oversee and manage computer applications to include Helpdesks, CETO, Synapsys, EZ Labor, and any other as required
- Prioritize multiple customer demands to provide maximum service levels to all customers
- Possess knowledge of and teach/train on bank policies and procedures as well as administer and enforce following of all policy and procedure
- Responsible for and supervise training opportunities to each employee including sales training, operations, and product knowledge
- Supervise staff to ensure operational accuracy and accountability
- Ensure quarterly and monthly branch audits are completed
- Administer security procedures
- Monitor weekly time cards and attendance issues
- Manage items on branch income statements
- Provide facilities management and monitor the general upkeep and appearance of the branch
- Provide coaching, training, and development for staff members as well as corrective actions as needed
- Act as a liaison between employees and upper management
- Conduct formal coaching sessions at least once monthly for all branch employees
- Participate in the interviewing and hiring process of branch employees
- Address customer complaints and ensure customer satisfaction in a timely manner
- Handle pressure from others with confidence and finesse, remaining calm and poised even in emotional/volatile situations
- Treat others respectfully and represent City National Bank with professionalism
- 4 years Management experience; banking or sales management experience a plus
- 2 years goal-oriented sales experience, military and/or a college degree
- Previous cash handling, banking experience, or bilingual a plus
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Constant use of computer screens with the ability to operate a computer keyboard, use hand to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk, see or hear
- Ability to lift/carry no more than 20lbs
- Ability to stand the majority of the assigned work schedule
- Clear verbal communication
- Close vision and ability to adjust focus
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
City National Bank & TrustTulsa, OK
Finance and Insurance
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.