- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Growing and dynamic organization seeks an experienced communications professional to capitalize on and create opportunities for media coverage and effective communications to diverse audiences. Housed at Boston College, the Center for Optimized Student Support (COSS) is a national hub for implementation, research, and policy to promote students’ thriving in school. Its flagship program, City Connects, is an innovative approach to addressing the out-of-school factors that can impact students’ achievement and thriving in schools. Currently implemented in over 100 schools across multiple U.S. states and Dublin, Ireland, City Connects collaborates closely with districts, schools, and partnering community agencies to connect every student to a tailored set of supports and enrichments in the school and community. In addition to designing and executing communications for City Connects, the Communications Manager will be a member of the Systemic Impact Team supporting the broader communications and marketing needs of COSS, including collaboration with policymakers and sharing research and practice learnings with wider audiences.
City Connects is seeking a full-time Communications Manager with responsibility in the following areas:
- Manage and execute a strategic plan for communications;
- Support the execution of the organization’s strategic plan;
- Initiate strategic communications opportunities to advance the organization’s agenda;
- Promote continued brand development;
- Design and execute messaging and dissemination strategies;
- Liaise with communications stakeholders within the Boston College community;
- Monitor analytics to inform effective marketing efforts;
- Collaborate with City Connects and Center’s external partners.
- Analyze the organization’s content for news interest and develop media inquiries;
- Proactively generate year-round media outreach for the organization and its activities (includes media relations and media placement);
- Maintain and grow the organization’s media list;
- Serve as the first point of contact for all media inquiries and hosting media;
- Coordinate scheduling and logistics of interviews, meetings and press events;
Content Creation and Management
- Produce, edit, and manage written content for communications materials including websites, social media, newsletters, blog, video, written reports, OpEds, and press releases;
- Manage website- and brand-related projects;
- Manage and/or execute graphic design of communications and marketing materials (reports, briefs, business cards, brochures etc.);
- Manage printing and mailing orders;
- Serve as an internal resource to other team members;
- Manage and coordinate with marketing and communications vendors;
- Design and create communication materials for City Connects and Center events and conferences.
Knowledge, skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in public relations, marketing or a related field;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Graphics experience, including proficiency in the Adobe Suite, including InDesign and Illustrator;
- Social media experience, with expertise in creating high-impact campaigns on Twitter and LinkedIn;
- Project management experience;
- Experience related to K-12 education, education policy, public policy, politics, and/or academic settings;
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated success meeting deadlines with high quality results;
- Desire to work in a mission-driven and nonprofit environment;
- Ability to regularly evaluate workload and prioritize projects;
- Ability to direct and manage multiple projects at the same time, and to communicate with a diverse group of stakeholders;
- Experience managing vendors;
- Experience working collaboratively with public sector partners, researchers, and funders;
- Excellent judgment and ability to offer and receive feedback.
Preferred: Master’s degree in communications, writing, marketing, advertising, or a related field; advanced graphic design experience; experience with Adobe Experience Manager; experience designing graphs and figures; and proficiency with web analytics.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, marital status, or sexual orientation. Acknowledging the importance of diverse perspectives, we are committed to employing individuals from a variety of backgrounds and with a variety of experiences. Members of historically marginalized communities and candidates who have been impacted by the systems we are seeking to change are strongly encouraged to apply.
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at City Connects