At Citizens Bank, our engineers are solving similar challenges faced by startups and fintechs like Affirm, Ally, N26. Our aspiration is to run a hybrid cloud environment, build omni-channel experiences, create message-driven architecture, build scalable solutions, leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to provide personalize insights while continuing to guard against cyber threats. Join our engineering teams on a transformational journey as we convert our aspirations into reality.
Who We Look For
Our engineers are creative problem solvers building solutions in lending, digital banking, big data, mobile, and more. We look for team players who are fundamentally strong, adaptable and willing to push the boundaries around what’s possible.
Consumer engineering team serves millions of customers across multiple products including lending, deposits, financial tools, and innovative partnerships like point of sale financing for Apple iPhone purchases. We are modernizing our technology, migrating to public cloud, automating infrastructure and code deployments, and leveraging data for insights. As we strive towards achieving our aspirations, we are looking for leaders and individual contributors to join our team and be part of an exciting digital transformation journey.
Responsibilities And Qualifications
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work closely with fellow technology and business colleagues to implement enterprise grade API’s and other shared services. Citizens is embarking on an exciting digital transformation journey that includes state-of-the-art web and mobile apps as well as APIs, AI and data driven products.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Be a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Write code and automated test scripts
- Participate and lead product envisioning, design and development.
- Develop enterprise grade API’s (REST, gRPC) to advance the digital transformation journey
- Be responsible for product envisioning, analysis, detailed design, developing/coding, testing and implementation of software components
- Lead and mentor other junior engineering colleagues
- Collaborate and communicate across business and technology teams
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Proficient in Agile practices
- Programming Languages (Java, C++, C#, Golang etc.)
- Solid understanding and experience writing RESTful JSON-based APIs
- Experience working in AWS or GCP or Azure cloud environments
- Working knowledge of GIT
- Working knowledge of micro service frameworks (eg: Spring Boot)
- Experience interfacing with back-end applications using RESTful services, and JSON.
- Worked on writing unit & integration test cases for services
- Understands database concepts – proficient in writing relational database queries – MySQL
- Ability to develop functional, technical and user interface designs for an application that meets the defined requirements (business, system performance and standards)
- Experience in highly-secured online environments that use n-tier designs and extensive firewalling to enhance security
- Strong desire to take on work in all skillsets, JAVA, CMS, UI and QA
- Familiarity with cloud native architecture
- Familiarity with message driven architecture
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with secure coding practices
Educational, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science required
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M-F
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.