Line of Business: Operations
Category: Full Time
The position of Teller is responsible for completing various retail banking transactions for personal and commercial customers. Monitor and maintain control of cash. Perform various branch operational tasks and services. Provide exceptional customer service. Complete compliance records.
Following is an overview of the essential functions for this position. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Receives checking deposits, savings deposits and loan payments by determining that all necessary deposit documents are in proper form, and issuing receipts.
2. Cashes checks, savings withdrawals and; confirms all necessary documents are properly authorized, are in proper form and are within authorized limits. Processes night deposits.
3. Promotes and recommends additional products and services to meet customer’s needs and by referring customers to appropriate area for new services.
4. Balance cash drawer daily. Complete over/short adjustments.
5. Performs stop payments and holds.
6. Process various payments and sell official checks.
7. Prepare Currency Transaction reports for currency transactions over $10,000. Be knowledgeable of the Bank Secrecy Act and report suspicious activity according to bank procedures.
8. Follows bank privacy and information security guidelines.
9. Prepares customers statements for mailing.
10. Answers phone and basic customer inquiries regarding products and services with confidence and professionalism.
11. Maintain accurate balancing record.
1. High School Graduate or equivalent
2. Six months of previous experience as a bank teller.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
4. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook with acceptable keyboarding skills
5. Possess attention to detail and follow through.
6. Ability to manage multiple tasks in an efficient manner.
7. Effective interpersonal skills, which allow positive interaction with co-workers and clients.
8. Ability and willingness to learn and adapt as needs of the job change.
9. Ability to operate office equipment (copier, fax, etc.)