Director, Software Engineering
Tysons Corner, VA
Expired: June 22, 2023 Applications are no longer accepted.
Cision employs the brightest, most passionate people in the tech industry. We'd love for you to join our growing team! We invest in our people through training and professional development while supporting you along the way-all so you can meet your career goals. To us, the most important measure of our success is yours.
This Director Software Engineering will be focused on leading multiple, global engineering teams that build and deliver our Communications Cloud products. This product offering is central to Cision's success and provides significant value to our customers. We have a diverse organization of people who are passionate about solving challenging and interesting problems with scalable architecture.If this excites you, we'd love to have you be part of what we are creating.
This is a hybrid role that would mostly be worked remotely, with occasional travel into the local Cision office.Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership, career development, and mentorship for the team of approximately 50 people, with an emphasis on putting people first.
- Effectively coach and lead Managers of Software Engineering in creating a culture of continuous improvement.
- Help develop a high-performance culture, with strategies for developing and retaining top performers.
- Work closely with product and engineering leaders to develop strategy for Comms Cloud products.
- Help drive quarterly planning with product and ensure product initiatives are staffed with the right engineering resources.
- Collaborate with stakeholders outside of product and engineering (sales, operations, executive, and customers) to collect feedback and represent engineering perspectives.
- Identifyareas for improvementand setadvancedlong term strategictechnicaldirection to scale.
- Create and maintain a high performing team in a fast-paced environment.
- Participate and help drive technical discussions about architecture and the future our of technology stack which currently includes: Go, C#, ElasticSearch, Java, Grails, MySql, SQL server, PostgreSQL, Kafka, RabbitMQ.
- 5+ years of experience managing multiple teams of software engineers.
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Proven experience coaching/mentoring leaders in an environment of continuous improvement.
- Good knowledge of microservice architectures & modern tooling and technologies.
- Degreein technical/related field or equivalent experience.
- A background as a technical individual contributor is preferred.
- Experience building SaaS products is preferred.
As a global leader in PR, marketing and social media management technology and intelligence, Cision helps brands and organizations to identify, connect and engage with customers and stakeholders to drive business results. PR Newswire, a network of over 1.1 billion influencers, in-depth monitoring, analytics and its Brandwatch and Falcon.io social media platforms headline a premier suite of solutions. Cision has offices in 24 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA and APAC. For more information about Cision's award-winning solutions, including its next-gen Cision Communications Cloud, visit www.cision.com and follow @Cision on Twitter.
Cision is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves and perform at their best. We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion pledge and named a "Top Diversity Employer" for 2021 by DiversityJobs.com.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Cision is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, Cision will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please review our Global Candidate Data Privacy Statement to learn about Cision's commitment to protecting personal data collected during the hiring process.
CisionTysons Corner, VA
USAView All Cision Jobs
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.