Field Service Technician
Cisco Air Systems Sacramento, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Industrial Air Compressor Service Technician
Cisco Air Systems is the Master Distributor for Ingersoll Rand industrial air compressors in Northern California & Nevada. Ingersoll Rand is the largest air compressor manufacturer in the United States. Cisco Air Systems has been providing air compressor service & support since 1973. We not only have the most experience, we are the largest independent air compressor distributor in the region. We are proud to say it is because we are an employee and customer focused company.
We are currently seeking to hire an experienced Air Compressor Service Technician located in the Sacramento Area. MUST HAVE Three (3) years of industrial air compressor service experience to apply for this position. Our Service Technicians are responsible for keeping industrial air compressors and control systems running correctly. In this position you will work directly with our customers, vendors, and co-workers to develop and sustain a positive relationship. This requires head-on communication, written, telephone, and computer skills.
We will provide all training necessary to become a certified Ingersoll Rand Industrial Air Compressor Service Technician. Our Cisco Air Systems Service Technician Career Path Program involves four (4) levels: Certified, Advanced, Senior and Master.
- Diagnose, repair, and maintain air compressors, air treatment equipment, and related products.
- Check in with each customer on site and keep in communication regarding job requirements, safety guidelines, scope of work, additional findings, cost, and completion time.
- Job sites must always be left clean and neat.
- Electronic work orders (signed by customer via iPad) and warranty forms must be completed prior to leaving customers’ facility.
- Proper communication with Service Manager and Service Support staff required.
- Service trucks are specially assigned to each service technician. The service truck must be kept clean, organized, and inventoried. Must always practice safe driving.
- Participation in safety meetings and safety training is required and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must always be worn.
- Must be able to work on a ladder, operate a man-lift and forklift.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent, technical college degree preferred
- Relevant mechanical experience required
- Long-term (5-years or more) on-the-job air compressor experience and training
- Must have a valid driver’s license as well as an insurable driving record
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening test
Benefits at Cisco Air Systems
- Medical & Dental Insurance – Employee monthly premium paid by Cisco Air Systems
- 401K – Cisco Air Systems contributes 5% match of salary in a Safe Harbor regardless of participation (eligible at 6 months)
- Holiday Pay - Eight (8) paid holidays
- Birthday off with pay
- Vacation – Up to four (4) weeks paid vacation based on tenure
- Sick Days - Paid sick days
- Additional paid vacation days for business travel
- Personal Health and Wellness Account – Allowance paid by Cisco Air Systems
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Military reserve leave
- Costco Membership
- Life Insurance - $50,000 Term Life Insurance Policy paid by Cisco Air Systems
Benefits of being a Service Technician
- Company supplied service truck, iPhone & iPad
- Career Path training
- Tool allowance
- 40-hour work week guaranteed with plenty of overtime opportunities
- Quarterly performance bonuses
- Annual bonuses
Cisco Air Systems offers a “Start Bonus Program” and a “Relocation Allowance” for any candidate that needs to relocate from outside the area.
Compensation: $30-$44 hourly pay based on experience
- Requires kneeling, crouching, stooping, or crawling
- Requires walking and running
- Requires using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Requires bending or twisting
- Requires standing
- Requires telephone conversations
- Requires contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, email or otherwise)
- Requires face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams
- Requires working in hot (above 90 F degrees) or cold (below 32 F degrees) temperatures
- Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable
- Requires working in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions
- Requires working in cramped spaces and getting into awkward positions
- Includes exposure to contaminants
Impact of Decisions
- Opportunity to make decisions without supervision
- Requires making decisions that affect other people, the financial resources, and/or the image and reputation of the organization
- Requires making decisions that impact the results of co-workers, clients or the company
- Requires exposure to minor burns, cuts, bites, or stings
- Requires exposure to hazardous conditions
- Requires exposure to high places
- Requires exposure to hazardous equipment
Level of Challenge
- Freedom to determine tasks, priorities, and goals
- Requires being exact or highly accurate
Pace and Scheduling
- Requires meeting strict deadlines
- Job pace is determined by the speed of equipment or machinery
- Requires coordinating or leading others in accomplishing work activities
- Requires work with others in a group or team
Responsibility for Others
- Includes responsibility for work outcomes and results
- Includes responsibility for the health and safety of others
- Requires wearing common PPE and/or safety equipment
- A technician uniform will be provided
Cisco Air Systems was voted "Best Place to Work" by the Sacramento Business Journal.
Visit our website for more information about our company; www.ciscoair.com
Cisco Air Systems – Company Profile YouTube Link:
Cisco Air Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions at Cisco Air Systems are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Federal Contractor and E-Verify compliant.
Cisco Air SystemsWhy Work Here?
Voted "Best Places to Work" 2020 by the Sacramento Business Journal
Industrial air compressor sales, parts, service, installations & rentals
214 27TH STREET; SACRAMENTO CASacramento, CA