- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This opportunity is located onsite at one of the following locations:
- Duluth, MN (Corporate Headquarters and primary Engineering Innovation Center)
LIFE AT CIRRUS
As a leading manufacturer of personal aircraft, Cirrus is dedicated to the advancement of general aviation. The Cirrus Flying Club offers employees and their family members the unique opportunity to obtain their private pilot’s license in the comfort of a Cirrus or rent a Cirrus for an impromptu adventure at a greatly reduced rate.
At Cirrus, we are committed to investing in the future of our employees and company by offering professional development and career progression opportunities that include onboarding, recurrent and area-specific training, talent acceleration and leadership development, continuing education, and tuition assistance programs.
We also engage employees by offering several employee and family events throughout the year, as well as the opportunity to take part in activity clubs and community events. From holiday and special occasion celebrations to local runs and barbecues, our team can connect with each other, the community, and our customers.
Why you should apply to this role at Cirrus Aircraft:
- You are passionate about joining a leading manufacturer of personal aircrafts.
- You can relocate and work onsite at one of our 3 Engineering Innovation Center’s.
- New 200,000 sq ft Engineering Innovation Center (Summer 2022)
- Award Winning Aviation Company
- Industry Leading Innovation- Cirrus Parachute Technology
Cirrus offers a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, life, short and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending account, 401K retirement savings plan, voluntary vision, Employee Referral Incentive Program, vacation, and holiday pay. Additionally, all employees enjoy a discount at the company store and exclusive discounts from our world-class partners, like Garmin, Bose, AT&T, Microsoft, Fastenal and more.
The Quality Engineer will focus on creating and maintaining quality policies, procedures, and quality control systems that support company objectives. Evaluates and manages suppliers to determine the best strategies and programs which provide greater quality and value to the company. The position requires experience in quality improvement concepts with a data driven approach to solving problems. The Quality Engineer will provide technical support and lead improvement efforts across other company departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Quality Management – A Quality Engineer will evaluate and maintain company quality policies and procedures. Apply management concepts to aspects of the quality management system with the objective of keeping the system in compliance and effective in the management of quality. Develop quality related documents to establish and maintain standards. Also, evaluate supplier quality management systems to determine if they are appropriate and effective for our business relationship.
- Product Realization – Support current production and new product development by establishing quality requirements and the means and methods to achieve those results. Address risk and opportunities within the supply chain to ensure all applicable statutory and regulatory requirements are met.
- Problem Solving - As a Quality Engineer your role will involve the identification and resolution of problems internal and external to the company. You will use a variety of problem-solving methodologies such as process mapping, failure modes and effects analysis, statistical techniques such as analysis of variance, gage repeatability and reproducibility, and process capability studies. You must have the ability to determine the best resolution in a methodical and data supported approach. These solutions must support the company objectives and comply with all safety, design, and quality standards.
- Corrective Action Management – A Quality Engineer will use a systematic approach for identifying root causes and lead efforts to implement corrective actions. You will support the monitoring of their effectiveness and develop strategies to prevent re-occurrence.
- Communication - Within Quality Engineering, communication is very important as you will be coordinating between diverse group of individuals and departments. You are required to liaise across these groups and externally to suppliers to communicate the company’s quality objectives, goals and to resolve problems. You are responsible for reporting and the presenting of quality performance internally and externally and drive the appropriate engagement activities.
- Code of Ethics – A very important trait for a Quality Engineer is the ability to handle stressful situations, working to the same standards regardless of urgency. You are expected to uphold the company and quality code of ethics. You will be expected to work to the company’s Mission, Vision, and exhibit the Core Values; Safety, Vison, Trust, Integrity, Innovation, and Passion.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university, and two years of quality engineering, industrial engineering or manufacturing engineering experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This opportunity is located in Duluth MN. Remote opportunities not available at this time.
Duluth, Minnesota. As the home to our corporate headquarters, Duluth is a four-season city on the western tip of Lake Superior and was voted “Best Town” by Outside Magazine. The splendor of the largest freshwater lake in the world offers a multitude of outdoor activities for adventure or rejuvenation. The North Shore lifestyle is known its year-round activities, including bicycle and snowmobile trails, kayaking, rock climbing, fishing, hiking, golfing, sailing and skiing. And as a top employer in the area, Cirrus Aircraft was recently named “Best Overall Large Company to Work for in the Northland” and “Best Workplace Culture” by the Duluth News Tribune readers.
Cirrus is dedicated to a drug free work environment promoting equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, religion, pregnancy, veteran status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, receipt of public assistance, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Cirrus Aircraft