Circuit Lab (www.circuit-lab.com) currently has one open position for a school-year instructor in the general area of Westborough, Ashland, or Northborough, MA. The start date for this position is January 6, 2020. Applications will be considered in the order they are received.
Instructors must have 6 months of teaching experience, reliable transportation to get to our class sites and transport teaching materials, and be located within commuting distance to the class sites.
School-year instructors work part-time leading after-school electronics programs for elementary schoolers. You will be responsible for running programs at several different class sites during the school year. We have paid training and class shadowing time so you can be familiar with the curriculum and teaching style before leading programs.
Teaching hours are generally 15-20 hours per week, within the window of 2:00 and 6:00 PM each weekday. Exact class timing varies slightly based on individual school schedules. Priority will be given to applicants available to teach 4 or 5 days per week, Monday-Friday. We offer generous daily compensation for this part-time work. You will also have the option to continue with full-time teaching in summer 2020.
Our ideal candidate is an enthusiastic teacher who enjoys working with elementary-school age students, and has classroom management experience from prior work leading classrooms and/or summer camp programs. The ideal candidate also has interest in or experience with technology, particularly DIY electronics.
To apply, please send a resume and a cover letter outlining your teaching experience, including age groups and class sizes that you have worked with. Let us know what excites you about working with kids and teaching them about technology!
- Available to work part time in the afternoons during the school year.
- 6 months prior experience teaching K-12 students, comfortable leading groups up to 14 students.
- Bachelor's degree or working towards degree in education, computer science, engineering, or related.
- Reliable transportation and able to commute daily to class sites while transporting class materials.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Located in the greater Boston area.
- Must pass state-mandated background check as a condition of employment.
If you have experience in the following areas, this is an ideal position for you: summer, teacher, summer camp, part-time, summer teacher, education, summer school teacher, tutor, seasonal, teaching, K-12 education, STEM, STEM education, K-8 education.