Circuit Breaker Sales Co, a Group CBS company is a 35-year-old private company that specializes in the sale and service of low- and medium-voltage circuit breakers and other electrical power distribution equipment. We provide new, surplus, obsolete, and remanufactured electrical equipment and replacement parts, and services from the largest inventory in the U.S.
The Senior Manager of Accounting reports to the President with a working relationship to the parent company CFO. This position oversees the overall accounting function for the business. This role’s primary activities include managing, reviewing and ensuring the integrity of the financial statements and accounting processes for CBS, as well as managing the CBS accounting team. In addition, this role will assist in various projects as needed.
· Oversee timely preparation of month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial statements, along with communication to the parent company
· Analysis of cash flow and financial statements.
· Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet and reconciliations
· Provide strategic and day-to-day management of the accounting team
· Maintain and enhance an appropriate control environment.
· Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems as needed.
· Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures.
· Optimize the capabilities of the financial organization by assessing talent and coaching and mentoring where appropriate, and by developing the most effective team structure.
· Apply technical accounting expertise to ensure compliance with and efficient application of accounting principles
· Participate in the development and support of business strategies
· Communicate effectively within the team and with internal and external customers and data providers, including presentations to all levels of management
· Provide technical guidance and expertise on business issues of high accounting complexity as needed
· Provide and implement creative solutions that challenge traditional methods and processes
· Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
· Assist external firms with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings as needed
· Oversee payroll function (delegating to the team as needed)
· 10+ years of related industry experience in a Corporate Accounting or General Ledger Accounting role, with inventory experience
· 5+ years of leading, managing and developing teams, both degreed and non-degreed team members
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting or related field.
· Experience leading teams in implementing process improvements
· Experience in project management
· Superior organizational skills with ability to multi-task, prioritize, and delegate work assignments in a fast-paced environment.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Strong knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles.
· Experience with Cost and Project accounting, including variety of Inventory costing methods and principles (FIFO, Specific ID, Standard, etc.).
· Ability to analyze results to assess financial and/or strategic impacts of business decisions.
· Thrives in environment of continual improvement, both contributing to and supporting change as a cultural element.
CBS offers a very attractive benefits package that includes health, life, dental, short term and long-term disability insurance. In additional, there is a vacation plan as well as a 401k plan that the company will contribute up to 3% of gross earning.