Certified Nurse Assistant
Circle the City Phoenix, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Circle the City (CTC) is a nonprofit community health organization with a mission to “create and deliver innovative healthcare solutions that compassionately address the needs of men, women and children facing homelessness.” CTC’s system of homeless-specialty healthcare is one-of-a-kind in Arizona and is one of few similar models in the nation. Nearly 10,000 men, women and children experiencing varying degrees of homelessness will receive care in one of CTC’s many sites located throughout the greater Phoenix area
The purpose of this full-time benefits eligible position is to provide both clinical and clerical support services in a setting that delivers care to patients while they heal from a recent illness. A Respite Assistant II assures the continuity of client care, providing an essential link for communication involving all team members.
Location: Midtown Medical Respite Center
- Collaborates with the providers throughout each shift to determine work assignments and priorities, as well as communicating the status of delegated task completion and outcome of patient data findings
- Prepares examination rooms for use by ensuring exam rooms are clean and well stocked each morning. Clean and stocks room at the end of each day.
- Maintains timely, ongoing verbal communication in order to assure good care of patients and the effective running of the Medical Respite Center
- Acts as a liaison between providers and other respite staff.
- Obtains and records accurate routine patient vital signs
- Assists with copying and clerical tasks as needed
- Treats each patient in a manner that preserves and supports patient confidentiality, patient rights, and patient dignity
- Demonstrates ability and willingness to perform respite assistant duties i.e. stripping patient beds, serving meals
- Performs other duties as required
- Possesses strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Has knowledge of medical terminology
- Able to obtain vital signs accurately
- Proficient in reading and writing skills in English
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Demonstrates an interest in working with an underserved population
- Must have CPR Certification
- Bi-lingual- Spanish highly desired
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Completion of a Certified Nursing Assistant and/or Medical Assistant program and must have a minimum of one (1) year of related experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Prefer experience in a healthcare setting.
- Prior knowledge of prior authorization preferable.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Valid Arizona driver’s license in effect for at least 3 years
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Position requires extended periods of sitting and standing
- Position requires regular bending and reaching, including transfer of patients
- Must be able to lift, carry and push 20 pounds on a regular basis
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis
- 403(b) retirement with company match
We are an equal opportunity employer. All resumes will be reviewed for education and experience. Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Circle the City's patients benefit from several different levels of care offered within the organization. The sickest men and women are offered the opportunity to rest and heal in the state-of-the-art Medical Respite Center.
Circle the City strives to meet patients where they are, without judgement or bias, embracing a culture of dignity and respect for all patients, staff members, and community partners. Circle the City takes a holistic approach to healing, focusing on the important balance of physical, mental, and spiritual health, engaging all patients with the goal of not only providing excellent care but also of assisting them on their journey out of homelessness.
Circle the CityWhy Work Here?
This is a great opportunity to give back to the community by helping those facing homelessness!
Circle the City is a dynamic non-profit community health organization dedicated to providing high quality, holistic healthcare to people experiencing homelessness in Maricopa County. Our homeless specialty continuum of care is one-of-a-kind in the state of Arizona, and one of few similar models in the United States. Circle the City's patients benefit from several different levels of care offered within the organization. The sickest men and women are offered the opportunity to rest and heal in the state-of-the-art Medical Respite Center. Circle the City strives to meet patients where they are, without judgement or bias, embracing a culture of dignity and respect for all patients, staff members, and community partners. Circle the City takes a holistic approach to healing, focusing on the important balance of physical, mental, and spiritual health, engaging all patients with the goal of not only providing excellent care but also of assisting them on their journey out of homelessness.
333 W. Indian School RdPhoenix, AZ