Circle the City (CTC) is a nonprofit community health organization with a mission to “create and deliver innovative healthcare solutions that compassionately address the needs of men, women and children facing homelessness.” CTC’s system of homeless-specialty healthcare is one-of-a-kind in Arizona and is one of few similar models in the nation. Nearly 10,000 men, women and children experiencing varying degrees of homelessness will receive care in one of CTC’s many sites located throughout the greater Phoenix area
The purpose of this position is to provide both clinical and clerical support services in a front office setting. The Medical Assistant assures the continuity of client care, providing an essential link for communication involving all team members. Assists in examination and treatment of patients under the direction of the physician and/or nurse manager.
Location: Parson Family Health Center
- Collaborates with the Nurse throughout each shift to determine work assignments and priorities, as well as communicating the status of delegated task completion and outcome of patient data findings
- Maintains timely, ongoing verbal communication in order to assure good care of patients and the effective running of the clinic
- Responsible for collecting, collating and entering required data and information into the applicable database or format in an accurate and timely manner
- Treats each patient in a manner that preserves and supports patient confidentiality, patient rights, and patient dignity
- Checks inventories on a weekly basis, orders and stocks supplies
- Assists any patient with personal hygiene as needed
- Assures a clean, orderly, and functional work environment
- Escorts patients to off-site appointments as assigned by supervisor
- Facilitates patient transportation
- Assists with copying, faxing and filing as needed
- Phone coverage and triage of calls when necessary
- Ability and willingness to perform medical assistant duties at mobile clinic sites
- Performs additional duties as driver when assigned to mobile clinic
- Performs other duties as required
- Front office support experience required
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology
- Completion of an approved Medical Assistant training course
- Able to obtain vital signs accurately
- Ability to use personal computer for recording patient data /history
- Proficient in reading and writing skills in English
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Demonstrated interest in working with an underserved population
- Minimum of 2 years of MA experience.
- High school diploma or GED (preferred but not required)
- Experience in a medical environment highly desirable
- Bi-lingual communicative skills necessary
- CPR/BLS certification
- Requires a current Arizona state driver’s license
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Position requires extended periods of sitting and standing
- Position requires regular bending and reaching, including transfer of patients
- Must be able to lift, carry and push 20 pounds on a regular basis
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis
- 403(b) retirement with company match up to 3% compensation
We are an equal opportunity employer. All resumes will be reviewed for education and experience. Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Circle the City's patients benefit from several different levels of care offered within the organization. The sickest men and women are offered the opportunity to rest and heal in the state-of-the-art Medical Respite Center.
Circle the City strives to meet patients where they are, without judgement or bias, embracing a culture of dignity and respect for all patients, staff members, and community partners. Circle the City takes a holistic approach to healing, focusing on the important balance of physical, mental, and spiritual health, engaging all patients with the goal of not only providing excellent care but also of assisting them on their journey out of homelessness.