Occupational Therapist - PRN to Full-time
Circle of Care Pediatric Home Healthcare Company is looking for individuals to fill immediate positions for Occupational Therapists to evaluate and treat patients in the home, daycare, or community setting as prescribed by the attending physician.
This opportunity is open to start PRN and can build to a full-time position with benefits if candidate chooses.
Circle of Care is a pediatric home health agency that focuses on providing in home and community based therapy (speech, occupational, physical therapy) for children from birth through 20 years old.
Our mission is to be an active participant in the fabric of our growing and changing community by providing high quality and value driven compassionate care while continuously improving the home health services provided to our patients.
The occupational therapist is a qualified professional person who directs, supervises, evaluates and provides occupational therapy services to patients in the home as prescribed by the attending physician.
- Executive Council for Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy Examiners (ECPTOTE)
- At least a Bachelor’s degree
- One (1) full year of supervised work experience preferred
- Licensure or certification by the state of Texas as an OTR ( Registered Occupational Therapist)
- Participate in the development and periodic revision of the plan of care
- Schedules, plans activities and provides rehabilitative services for occupational therapy
- Records type of treatment and patient's reaction to it on clinical/progress notes, which are written on the day of the visit and incorporated in the patient's record weekly.
- Maintains adequate records on all patients, including summary reports
- Utilizes community resources and Agency personnel for proper referral
- Selects and administers diagnostic and therapeutic techniques and materials
- Instructs and counsels other health team personnel and family members in methods of assisting patient in improving, correcting, and accepting his/her disabilities
- Supervise the COTA as follows: Follow guidelines for supervision as outlined by the Executive Council for Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy Examiners
- Attends case conferences as requested Participates in staff development activities and in-service education as requested
- Confirms, on a weekly basis, the scheduling of visits with the Patient Care Coordinator
- Notifies Agency of absences due to illness, emergency leave, normal vacation periods, or special professional meetings, which will all affect agreed services with the Agency.
- Participates with staff, patient, and physician in discharge planning activities and completes the occupational therapy discharge summary within the designated framework of the Agency policies.
- Reliable transportation
- Must have a car with current insurance coverage; and
- Valid state driver’s license
Full-time Benefits include:
- 10 PTO days a year
- 100% Employer paid monthly insurance premiums for employee; dependent coverage available at cost to employee
- Competitive pay; paid bi-weekly
- Opportunities for over-productivity pay as a full-time employee
- Locations include El Paso, Dallas/Ft Worth, Houston/Galveston, San Antonio, Austin, Corpus Christi, and McAllen