Circa Interactive is passionate about establishing a new way of thinking about enrollment marketing. By amplifying a university’s unique story, executing data-driven paid advertising campaigns, leveraging innovative technology and working with faculty members to inspire content creation, we connect colleges and universities with the students who will help change our world and push forward big ideas.
There is an incredible demand for this way of thinking in higher education, and we are growing quickly. Our clients include some of the top institutions in the U.S. and the world, and we are looking for the best of the best to join our team, teach us new things and help us deliver even more value to our academic partners.
Why We Need You
Since 2011, Circa has developed a reputation as innovative, dependable and always willing to go above and beyond for our partners. As we grow, it is more important than ever that we focus on these areas, and we are seeking people who are innovative, dependable and driven. We are a culture that values experience and knowledge, and we need someone who can make an immediate impact and help us continue delivering a high-quality experience that exceeds expectations.
Circa Interactive is seeking a talented and detailed-oriented individual to serve as a copywriter who is capable of thinking big. The candidate should possess a foundational knowledge of copywriting, a passion for tight and accurate copy, an ability to work with freelance writers, a passion to work collaboratively with a design, SEO, and account team, and find a way to help our university partners tell and scale great stories.
The ideal candidate will have experience writing ad copy for the digital space, including Google Ads, Facebook and Instagram ads, as well as other conversion focused copy like drip campaigns, brochure copy, and website copy. They will also have experience creating brand guidelines and taking part of discovery processes with clients.
This is a full-time role in San Diego, and we are happy to help new employees relocate. We will also entertain a remote option if we find the right candidate.
Work directly with our art director, editors, and VP of marketing and communications to help our university partners tell the most effective stories and ensure our copy and creative is consistent with the brand while helping optimize content for performance in paid channels and SEO.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a copywriter, you will:
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with creative team, maintaining strategic and creative thinking to develop innovative and actionable creative initiatives in a fiscally responsible manner
- Help pinpoint target audiences and create content to fascinate that audience
- Interview stakeholders at universities to discover their unique story
- Understand what prospective students want and know how to provoke action
- Work with Art Director to build creative guides
- Display a hunger for education and innovation by constantly learning
- Write and work with writers to create microsite and landing page copy for design for conversion
- Edit and review copy. Move said pieces through the review, copyediting, and final review stages in Asana.
- Work with both writers, designers, and copyeditors to provide feedback to help improve.
- Ensure that all copy is brand consistent, grammatically correct, properly sourced and tell engaging stories.
- Work with other editors and the content production team to help increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the overall content production process.
Qualifications and Skills
- Two to five years of experience as a copywriter for a publication, marketing firm, or content creation company.
- Years of experience creating marketing/advertising campaigns from developing vision and the message platform to overseeing production on time and budget.
- Understanding of AP and The Chicago Manual of Style.
- Experience managing a team of writers a plus.
- Willingness to take charge and ensure brand consistency with our copy.
- Journalism and/or research experience a major plus.
- Editors will use Asana to manage their team. Previous experience with the application is a plus but not required.
- Understanding and past experience creating integrated content across all marketing channels from digital, social media, paid media, mobile, but also understand offline and print.
- Master’s degree in marketing or business or MFA
- Prior experience with copywriting, design, or production
- Prior project management experience a plus
Benefits and Perks
- Learning stipend of $2,500 per year
- Flexible PTO
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401k + match
- Career mapping and planning
- Continuous performance feedback and learning opportunities
- Weekly and monthly team lunches and events
About Circa Interactive
Through innovative, creative and analytical solutions, our mission is to help higher education institutions achieve their marketing and student enrollment goals as efficiently and effectively as possible. We are committed to preserving brand integrity, amplifying program awareness, building thought leadership and generating high-quality inquiries for our partner institutions.
Visit circaedu.com to learn more.