- Posted: over a month ago
FLSA DESIGNATION: NON-EXEMPT
POSITION REPORTS TO: CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
The Driver will transport clients in a comfortable, safe and timely manner. They will arrange regular cleaning and maintenance services for the vehicle, plan each route based on road and traffic conditions and managing payments.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Map out driving routes ahead of time to determine the most expedient trip.
- Pick up clients from the place and at the time they’ve requested.
- Collect payments and issue receipts.
- Assist clients with loading and unloading their luggage.
- Listen to traffic and weather reports to stay up-to-date on road conditions.
- Adjust the route to avoid heavy traffic or road constructions, as needed.
- Answer clients’ questions about the area and local places of interest.
- Ensure the car seats are clean and comfortable for all riders.
- Schedule regular car service appointments and report any issues.
- Book car wash and detailing services to maintain interior and exterior cleanliness of the car.
- Flexible availability to include weekdays, weekends, nights, and/or holidays.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the organization. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
- Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Cipriani rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the facilities. Employees who violate rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions:
- To maintain a good and effective industrial relations climate with Cipriani management and show a willingness to support any necessary change development of the services’ provided.
- To protect restaurant and diners by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- The ability to communicate clear directions to nearby local attractions, facilities, and services.
- Ability to learn and perform all essential job functions accurately and safely.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
- Ability to walk, sit, stand and continuously perform essential functions for an extended period of time.
- The ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and walking.
- Auditory and visual abilities to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Proven experience as a Driver
- A valid driver’s license
- A clean driving record
- Minimum visual acuity of 20/50 (or corrected to 20/50)
- Familiarity with GPS devices
- Ability to lift heavy packages and luggage
- Availability to occasionally take weekend and night shifts
- A polite and professional disposition
- Ability to remain calm in stressful driving situations (e.g. at rush hour)
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION:
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by facility environmental systems.
- Must be able to sit and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the restaurant on a timely basis.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other locations of the property on a timely basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
Education: High school or equivalent education preferred.
Experience Required: Proven experience as a driver.
Licenses or Certificates: Ability to obtain and/or maintain any government required licenses, certificates or permits.
Grooming: All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Company standards.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressNew York, NY
TravelView all jobs at Cipriani