Digital Forensic Examiner: Master Level (TS//SCI with Poly Required)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Cipher Tech is seeking a Master Level Digital Forensic Examiner, with a TS/SCI w/Poly clearance, to join a team of experts who play a critical role in protecting national security.
This examiner will:
- Provide technical forensic support for federated, internal, and global external customers.
- Conduct imaging and data extraction processes on a variety of media including hard drives, thumb drives, and memory cards.
- Create detailed notes on processes undertaken and develop intelligence-based reporting.
- Provide testing and evaluation of emerging trends in digital forensics software and hardware and assist the customer in developing new and innovative forensic processes and procedures.
- Conduct peer reviews of other examiners' reporting and serve as a mentor for less experienced examiners.
Accordingly, candidates must thoroughly understand the fundamentals of digital forensics and be comfortable using either EnCase or FTK. Additionally, we require at least one industry certification such as EnCE, ACE, CCE, or GIAC. As a master level examiner, candidates must also be able to lead and train teams of less experienced examiners. Candidates should thrive in stressful environments.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Remote work is not an option.
- Must hold a TS/SCI w/poly security clearance (no exceptions)
- Must have:
- A Bachelor's degree in an engineering/technical discipline in a related field plus 15 years of professional relevant experience
- Or a Master's degree plus 13 years of professional experience
- Or 23 years of professional experience without a degree
- Subject Matter Expert in the field of digital media exploitation or digital forensics
- Understanding of hardware configurations and comfort with disassembling and reassembling computers and periphery devices
- Understanding of hard drive architecture and connection types
- Understanding of computer file systems
- In-depth experience with file system forensics
- In-depth experience with registry analysis
- In-depth experience with internet history analysis
- Understanding of steganography and encryption detection and analysis
- Understanding of managing complex large data set analysis
- In-depth experience with timeline analysis
- Experience with forensic media imaging
- In-depth experience with email analysis
- In-depth experience with signature and hash analysis
- Experience with forensics tools such as EnCase, Forensic Toolkit, iLook, etc.
- Fluency with command line to include creating batch files
- Ability to craft SQL queries of basic to moderate complexity
- Ability to write simple but functional Python scripts
- Strong documentation and written communication skills with technical report writing experience
- Ability to maintain a TS/SCI clearance with a CI polygraph
- Industry standard certification(s) such as CFCE, EnCE, ACE, GIAC, DoD
- Must be 8570 IAT compliant at Level II. Any of the following certifications for these levels will be accepted: CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP, CASP CE, CCNP Security, CISA, GCED, GCIH.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Hard drive and/or cellular phone repair skills
- Forensic tool and script development
- Formal programming experience
- Metadata extraction and analysis
- Network and intrusion analysis
- Mobile/Cellular device analysis
- Forensic video analysis
- Digital forensic instructor
- Software development
- Database analysis/development
- Reverse engineering
- Application analysis
- Malware analysis
- Network forensics
- Intrusion analysis
- Intelligence analysis
- Social networking analysis
- Law enforcement investigation
- Finished intelligence report writing
- Mission focused work environment
- Subsidized medical/dental/vision insurance
- HSA contributions
- 401k matching
- Holiday and Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Monthly WAN parties & quarterly events
- Flexible hours
Remote work is not an option. We do offer relocation assistance. Please see our careers page or inquire with your recruiter about the terms and conditions.
CIPHER TECH IS COMMITTED TO HIRING QUALIFIED VETERANS!
COVID-19 VACCINATION NOTICE:
Please be aware that you are applying to a position to work as a federal contractor. As such, you are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your first day of work. Cipher Tech will comply with all legal requirements allowing for limited medical and/or religious exemptions to those who may be unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccination in accordance with applicable mandates.
At the core of Cipher Tech Solutions, Inc. (Cipher Tech), you'll find a team of exceptionally talented engineers and software developers who are driven to solve the toughest problems facing national security today. Primarily acting as an engineering service provider, Cipher Tech provides a variety of technical experts to government customers for injection into new or preexisting teams, both on and off customer sites, that are charged with moving the mission forward through applied technology.
Expanding the company's workforce to include a cadre of well-trained digital forensic examiners became a necessity as our military customers, impressed with our forensic software development expertise, asked us to expand the scope of our support.
Today, Cipher Tech provides our customers with a targeted blend of investigative, analytical, and engineering staff all focused narrowly on the field of digital forensics. Embedded directly with the customers we support, we work efficiently and effectively to deliver support for both strategic and tactical mission sets.
Help us meet our customer's demands and find out why we're excited to go to work each and every day.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Cipher Tech Solutions
TechnologyView all jobs at Cipher Tech Solutions