CIOX Health is committed to improving the reporting, exchanging, and management of health information. CIOX Health is currently seeking qualified professionals for a CSR1 with medical records and/or customer service experience to process medical records requests at a local facility.We are currently seeking a motivated, knowledgeable individual preferably with experience in release of information and HIPAA compliance.
Duties and responsibilities
· Receives incoming requests for information and responds to requests by opening mail, assisting walk-ins and telephone inquiries, and retrieving facsimile inquiries in a timely manner.
· Date stamps all requests and highlights pertinent data to facilitate processing.
· Validates requests and authorizations for release of medical information according to established procedures and HIPAA guidelines.
· Completes release of information requests including retrieving patient’s medical charts and returning charts, copying/scanning medical records accurately and correctly, according to requests, established procedures, and established standards of quality and productivity; and electronically transmits the medical record to processing operations.
· Performs quality checks on all work to assure the accuracy of the release, confidentiality, and proper invoicing.
· Maintains equipment in excellent operating condition (inside and out) and troubleshoot equipment issues with assistance from the Help Desk department.
· Provides excellent customer service by being attentive, respectful and professional at all times; insures understanding of customer requests and follows-through as promised; being proactive in identifying and addressing member concerns, or problems.
· Demonstrates helpful and effective telephone etiquette and customer service skills by providing appropriate information to callers.
· A High School Diploma or GED is required.
· Must be able to communicate effectively in the English language.
· Administrative experience in an office setting; previous release of information, medical records, or other related experience in a healthcare environment is preferred.
· Proven customer service experience and/or training.
· Ability to effectively use computer software and technology as required by the member facility including Microsoft Word and Excel
Job Type: Full-time