(5months) Co-Head of Information Technology & Information Security Officer/Vice President
Cinter Career Services
New York, NY
- Expired: February 19, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
A New York-based multi-billion global asset manager (SEC registered investment adviser and CFTC registered CTA/CPO) is seeking a VP, Co-Head of Information Technology and Information Security Officer for a limited time(5 months).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the current Head of Information Technology to:
- Oversee, administer and maintain the firm's IT entire infrastructure stack, and improve its quality effectively.
- Plan and oversee IT infrastructure and technical projects in alignment with organizational goals.
- Collaborate with the team in Tokyo to manage and maintain cloud-based infrastructure (including AWS) shared across multiple offices.
- Manage production incident response.
- Manage IT platform integration/optimization project for the newly merged entity, encompassing end-user support, database support, IAAS support, and cloud infrastructure migrations.
- Work with each department to support firm-wide IT needs (ex. daily troubleshooting, interface development, EUC tools update) as well as find solutions to manage business activities and streamline operations.
- Prepare financial budgets and presenting proposals for IT infrastructure projects to senior management.
- Manage relationship and contract with IT service providers including selection, control and periodical evaluation.
- Work closely with the BCP Coordinator to facilitate and enhance the firm's BCP.
- Work with the firm's CCO to develop, maintain and manage the Information Security Program (including incident response plan) that integrates requirements across various compliance mandates and carry out responsibilities of the Program.
- Actively monitor the regulatory and legislative landscape for changes in requirements to protect the security and privacy of regulated data.
- Conduct and manage information security audit, risk assessment and testing (cybersecurity risk assessment, vulnerability assessment, penetration testing and system entitlement review)
- Work with quantitative strategies team to establish adequate governance over source code.
- Provide strategic guidance to executive management regarding risk to information resources and technology as well as the status of IT security and privacy program.
- Protect the organization from cyber-attacks and threats.
- Work with IT service providers to implement appropriate information security measures for the networks, cloud storages, systems and applications used by the firm.
- Develop and administer an information security training program.
- Manage technology risk and information security risk under the firm's risk management framework.
- Manage various reporting to the head office and respond to inquiries as necessary.
- Responsible for IT Department. Possibly manage 1 staff (new hire) in the near future.
- 5+ years of experience of asset managers IT infrastructure and information security as Head of IT, IT Director or IT Manager.
- Experience in technology infrastructure planning and management.
- Experience and/or ability to analyze workflows to provide efficient IT solutions to relevant business needs.
- Experience with IT contract and vendor negotiations and management.
- Experience implementing solutions on AWS as well as familiarity with Python and VB6 programming languages.
- Possessing a background in Information Security, Privacy, knowledge and experience in Risk Management, Compliance Management, Data Protection and Privacy, Governance, Vendor/Customer Contract Management, AWS, cloud computing, and quantitative and systematic trading strategies is a plus.
- Knowledge of SEC and NFA cybersecurity requirements and cybersecurity industry best practices is a plus.
- Experience with SEC and NFA exams and knowledge of SEC and NFA exam practices is a plus.
- Knowledge of common information security frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001, NIST, and SOC2 is a plus.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or a related field.
- Technical Skills:
- MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint .
- Behavioral Competencies:
- Ability to take ownership of large projects and work independently.
- Attention to detail and capable of handling multiple projects in a time-pressure environment with proper prioritization.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an excellent customer service mindset to quickly and effectively respond to requests from colleagues.
- Significant degree of self-motivation, direction and integrity.
- Hands-on leader.
- A Quick and keen learner of best practices in information technology software stacks.
- Crisp and clear written and verbal communication skills.
Cinter Career Services
AddressNew York, NY
Get fresh VP Information Security jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.