Senior Financial Analyst (NCR)
- Posted: over a month ago
JOB TITLE: SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST
LOCATION: Hybrid/National Capitol Region
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Less than 10%
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No
We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join our team to support the DoD Financial Management in the Army Analysis organization. This position is hybrid.
Your day-to-day work will include:
- Helping clients optimize all elements of their finance organization to include, operating model design, sustainable cost reduction, financial planning and analysis, management reporting, financial systems architecture, and full-scale finance transformation.
- Supporting audit remediation activities, such as developing/updating process documentation (e.g., narratives and flow charts), and developing/implementing corrective action plans to address findings.
- Performing recurring testing, such as testing internal controls, as well as designing and executing Manager’s Internal Controls Programs
- Providing targeted area support based on Component (e.g., performing root cause analysis for journal vouchers and FBWT variances, conducting PP&E audit remediation, etc.).
- Managing and execute projects and provide guidance and direction for specific projects or sub-tasks
- Reviewing all documentation prepared by more junior personnel and are responsible for initial drafting of final project reports prior to submission for approval.
At a minimum you should have:
- Active SECRET
- Must live in NCR (National Capital Region)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business management, or similar discipline. Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Possess a minimum of eight years progressive experience in leading, teams performing financial management, change management, strategic communications, business process reengineering, data analytics, or financial management systems implementation initiatives.
- Experience providing assessments and improvements of financial statement auditability.
- Applying pertinent financial accounting standards advisory board (FASAB) policies and federal financial management systems requirements.
- Performing financial statement audits, audit readiness services or audit remediation and sustainment services within DoD or another Federal Government agency or department.
- Internal controls
- Federal financial statement auditing
- Financial reporting
- Audit liaison
- Financial business process reengineering
- Data analytics
- Property, plant, and equipment (PP&E) audit remediation
- Demonstrates abilities and success with analyzing detailed finance and accounting processes to identify control gaps and improvement opportunities, facilitating audit requests, and planning and performing tests of controls and balances
- Demonstrates abilities and success with identifying and addressing client needs: actively participating in client discussions and meetings; communicating a broad range of Firm services; preparing concise, accurate documents.
- Demonstrates abilities and success as a team leader: creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team, while meeting client expectations; providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; keeping leadership informed of progress and issues.
**This job description is subject to change at any time.
- Engineers, Analysts, and Developers at Cintel, Inc. are highly motivated, technical, and self‐organized. We place a lot of trust in our team members to develop technical solutions for ill‐defined problems (i.e. thrive in an environment where the problem is vague, requirements are lacking, and a solution is not obvious). We need problem solvers.
- We want our team members to be self‐motivated and eager to learn new skills. If you consider yourself a jack‐of‐all‐trades, and are eager to keep up with the latest trends in technology, you’ll fit right in.
ABOUT CINTEL, INC:
Cintel Inc. is a Small Business providing strategies and services to support an array of Government clients in Software Development, Operational/Tactical and Installation/Facilities Energy, Cyber Security, Modeling and Simulation, Data Science, and Programmatic support.
We offer our clients nimble, unique, and value focused solutions with an emphasis on people, connectivity, communication, and teamwork. Our team believes that people drive solutions. By connecting people, information, teams, and experience we deliver solutions that respond to customer needs.
It is the policy of Cintel that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity regardless of their race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information, or veteran status. These policies shall ensure that the practice of nondiscrimination will be applied in the employment, promotion, upgrading, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, recall or rehire of personnel. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Cintel, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of the characteristics mentioned above. Improper interference with the ability of other employees to perform their expected job duties is not tolerated.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Cintel Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?