Cinder is searching for a Medical Assistant with Surgical experience to fill a role for our client at their practice in Hunt Valley and Towson, Maryland. This is a direct hire full-time position which offers a competitive hourly wage and a generous benefits package.
Clinical responsibilities include:
- Working alongside physicians and other healthcare providers,
- Taking medical histories
- Explaining testing and treatment procedures to patients
- Preparing patients for examination
- Assisting providers during exams and surgeries
- Collecting and preparing laboratory specimens
- Performing basic laboratory tests
- Instructing patients about medications and surgical aftercare
- Preparing and administering medications as directed by a physician
- Transmitting prescriptions and refills as directed
- Removing sutures and changing dressings
- Ability to take vitals, draw blood, and other procedures within the scope of MA practice.
Administrative responsibilities include:
- Documenting patients, observations, and clinical treatments in patient medical records
- Serving as backup to front desk/reception and billing/insurance staff as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Team player, empathy for patients and consistent professionalism.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a surgical practice or surgicenter.
- Current Medical Assistant Certification in Maryland
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) Certification required at date of hire
If you are looking for a professional, challenging, stimulating environment and meet the above criteria, please apply now!!