Cincinnati Test Systems Harrison, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sr. Procurement Specialist - Harrison, OH
Cincinnati Test Systems is searching for an experienced procurement professional to join the Supply Chain team to aid them in their pursuit of key operational objectives.
This position will have areas of responsibility ranging from the daily tactical execution all the way to supporting numerous strategic initiatives relative to vendor management, cost savings, inventory reduction, and process enhancements. The position will interact heavily with Engineering, Operations, Inventory, Scheduling, and Finance. With a strong background in purchasing and supply chain management, this role will help lead the company forward by making suggestions to process, finding/validating/securing suppliers, while ensuring cost, quality, and delivery on all purchased materials.
- Responsible for developing and implementing strategies to minimize inventory, reduce cost lead-times, expedite materials for production as required, and the sale and/or disposal of excess and obsolete inventory
- Managing company’s supplier relationships with emphasis on production-related spend
- Continually identify/develop new & existing suppliers to achieve company objectives relative to Leadtime reductions, Inventory reductions, Maintaining acceptable quality levels, and Cost savings & Sales targets.
- Improve Working Capital thru Payment Terms extensions, Payment cycle optimization, Vendor Managed Inventories, and Inventory / Lead time reductions
- Support new product development projects to optimize CTS sourcing solutions upfront.
- Understand sourcing requirement, negotiate price & terms, make supplier selection proposal which fit for purpose with reasonable TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) for all categories.
- Monitor key performance indicators for supplier performance and compliance to Company’s delivery and quality standards, and review vendor scorecards with key suppliers
- Periodically visits supplier locations for auditing supplier compliance, resolve quality problems, and to investigate new opportunities.
- Continually improve purchasing & procurement methods to and identify and make improvements.
- Compiles data from a wide variety of sources (e.g. inventory, RFQ, invoices, purchase orders, etc.) for the purpose of analyzing issues, ensuring compliance with a variety of policies and procedures, and/or monitoring program components.
- Ensure parts and materials are bought at the most competitive price and delivered on time for production.
- Prepares and reviews purchase orders to ensure they meet requirements, specifications, and terms & conditions.
- Analyze and execute direct material purchase orders per MRP output as required to support daily production needs
- Work with suppliers to expedite material requirements to meet customer needs, confirm ship dates, and determine arrival times, ensuring updated information is communicated across the company.
- Monitor supplier open order reports to meet requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- Team Leader experience in Supply Management/Sourcing/Procurement/Business
- Ability to communicate and initiate action to resolve issues both internally and externally.
- Ability to manage and analyze large volumes of data.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, goal setting, manufacturing operation
- Ability to work in a team-based, consensus-building environment
- Must be well-organized and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Detail-oriented, able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Professional Certifications in Project/Supply Chain/ Procurement/Contract Management
- Experience with Six Sigma and Lean Tools
- Working knowledge of Epicor
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university with a concentration in one or more of the following disciplines: Management, Supply Chain, Operations, Business.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing buying/procurement function, preferably within the electromechanical industry.
- Must be a strong independent worker
- Must have strong analytical, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
- Advanced computer skills (ERP/MRP, Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, etc.)
**PLEASE APPLY TO BE CONSIDERED**
Backed by the strength of a diversified multibillion-dollar corporation, we offer excellent career opportunities, competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit packages. With our global presence, we look for qualified candidates to best serve our customers to bring the best service and solutions to the marketplace. We are a growing world class company offering career opportunities for a qualified candidate looking for the next step in their professional career.
Cincinnati Test Systems
Cincinnati Test Systems Inc. is a global manufacturer of leak and function test solutions for a wide range of manufacturing operations. CTS serves a diverse cross section of industries, in the areas of: Transportation, Energy, Medical, Consumer and Industrial. Backed by the strength of a diversified multibillion-dollar corporation, we offer excellent career opportunities, competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit packages. With our global presence, we look for qualified candidates to best serve our customers to bring the best service and solutions to the marketplace. We are a growing world class company offering career opportunities for a qualified candidate looking for the next step in their professional career.