Please note: This role is based in West Bloomfield Township, MI!
Join our team and work with the best in healthcare!
Are you looking for a nursing leadership opportunity with a growing organization? We have an exceptional opportunity for a Director of Nursing (DON) to join our team.
As the Director of Nursing (DON), you will plan, coordinate and manage the nursing department. You will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of nursing care and services provided to the residents. You will supervise nursing care provided by RNs, LPNs and CNAs.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Schedule and perform Resident rounds to monitor and evaluate the quality and appropriateness of nursing care.
- Insure proper charting and documentation of care and of medications and treatments.
- Participate in the budget process of the facility and maintain the nursing supply, equipment and nurse staffing budgets.
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable managed care, Medicare and state Medicaid regulations, reimbursement systems and methodology.
- Participate in the Quality Assurance Performance Improvement program.
Education and/or Experience:
- RN license in the state
- Director of Nursing, management or supervisor experience in long-term care, restorative or geriatric nursing.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- A Registered Nurse, RN who is currently licensed to practice by the state.
- Additional certification in nursing specialty desired.