The Cook prepares delicious, nourishing, well-balanced meals to meet the daily nutritional and special dietary needs for each resident.
In the absence of the Chef and/or Dietary Manager, supervises the culinary center’s employees.
- Follows standardized recipes.
- Prepare foods that correspond to the menu cycles developed by Registered Dietitians.
- Cooks or prepares palatable, attractive and nutritionally adequate meals in quantities that are served at the proper temperatures and within the appropriate time frames.
- Uses food supplies and equipment in an efficient and economic manner to prevent waste.
- Prepares and maintains a supply of food alternates to accommodate resident choices and refusals of food served
- Supervises culinary staff with regard to food storage, food preparation, tray assembly, and cleaning.
Education and/or Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
• One year experience as a cook in an institutional food service setting preferred.