Software Engineer (Backend)
CIBO is a science-based software company focused on understanding agricultural ecosystems at a system level. We strive to solve some of our planet’s most important problems—including those related to climate change, soil health, water quality, carbon sequestration, and global food security. Our culture is built on cross-disciplinary collaboration, learning, and rapid prototyping.
As a Software Engineer (Backend) at CIBO, your role is responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining software tools that support our application development efforts.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Collaborate with product managers and other software engineers to identify software requirements and design software solutions to meet business needs..
- Develop and maintain software tools used to aid in development of the back-end web application..
- Write clean, efficient, and well-documented code in languages such as Java, Python, and Scala.
- Implement best practices for software development, including testing, version control, and code review.
- Work with the Infrastructure team to ensure data accessibility and reliability.
- Stay up to date with the latest software technologies and incorporate them into our development process as appropriate.
- Support clients in using and troubleshooting our application and modeling capabilities.
We value candidates who bring:
- Computer Science degree preferred
- Demonstrated competence in computer algorithms
- Knowledge of Agile methodology
- Mathematical and statistical intuition’
- Some knowledge of data science and machine learning
- Proficiency with cloud services such as AWS
- Software development proficiency and software development lifecycle awareness
- 401k with employer match
- Highly competitive health and dental benefits
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible work environment
- Flexible PTO
CiBO TechnologiesMinneapolis, MN
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.