Shipping and Receiving Clerk
Churchill Container Lenexa, KS
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
The shipping & receiving clerk will prepare orders for shipment, complete all paperwork, obtain the best rate quotes, and ensure accuracy of the order to ship. Duties include but are not limited to, receiving in, storing, and distributing all deliveries, as well as stock and restock items in their proper locations as needed. Employee will pick customer orders per pick ticket and ensure the accuracy of selected items and quantities. Safety, organizational and housekeeping responsibilities are encompassed in the position. The employee will also follow all SQF (Safe Quality Food) rules and procedures pertaining to this job as outlined in the training program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Additional duties may also be included as directed by your lead-person or manager).
· Unload delivery trucks using a forklift, pallet jack, or other warehouse equipment.
· Receive in delivered product and label appropriately for easy retrieval.
· Distribute packages and mail to company recipients.
· Put away materials and components for storage and/or use.
· Prepare orders for shipment per pick-ticket, using a scanner and forklift, ensuring accuracy of the shipment and associated shipping documents.
· Operate and inspect material handling equipment in a safe manner.
· Will review inbound shipments and verify items and quantities before taking delivery, signing Bill of Ladings and receiving documentation. Will make notation of discrepancies and alert Purchasing agent.
· Will review and verify items from production and place them into the proper stock location.
· Stock and restocking of items in their proper locations in the warehouses as needed.
· Load and unload trucks as instructed.
· Verify inventory counts and physical inventory as required.
· Move materials in and out of work areas and the warehouse as required.
· Alert management of out of stock or low stock levels as discovered.
· Identify and label boxes, packages, and products as instructed by the picking information, your manager or lead-person.
· Maintaining your work area in a cleaned and organized fashion at all times.
· Report any inefficient or unsafe conditions to management upon discovery of the conditions.
· Complete all paperwork accurately as instructed by your manager and lead-person.
· Perform all work using safety equipment as instructed while obeying all safety-rules and procedures.
· Must be able to work overtime without notice involving critical shipments and as scheduled by management.
· Occasionally assist other classifications in areas of the plant and warehouses as needed.
· Fill out and turn into supervisor all paperwork and documents pertaining to shipping and receiving programs as required by SQF modules 2.2.2, 13.6.5
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or experience
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
· Must pass Key Train module “Reading for Info” at a level 4 or higher.
· Ability to add, subtract, two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
· Ability to perform these operations using American money and weight measurements, volume and distance.
· Must pass Key Train module “Applied Mathematics” at a level 4 or higher.
· Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
· Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
· Must pass Key Train module “Locating Info” at a level 4 or higher.
Certificates, licenses, registrations
· Fork Lift Certification. (Must be able to pass operating and written test. Training will be provided by the company)
Other skills and abilities
· Employee will use common hand-tools. The use of automated shipping document and labeling equipment is involved.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach with hands and arms, and use hands to finger, handle or free objects.
· The use of common hand tools and occasionally sharp tools are involved.
· The employee frequently is required to talk, hear, and communicate with other employees.
· The employee must be able to move and/or lift objects up to 50 pounds often.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
· (Note: All employees must wear company-approved safety glasses while in the plant and warehouse areas).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and equipment.
· The employee is exposed to fumes and airborne particles, and will be in wet and humid conditions occasionally.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
14601 W 99th Street LenexaLenexa, KS
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Churchill Container