Director of Communications
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Director of Communication Arts is a creative leader with a passion for effectively and creatively present information and vision to the church body, church staff, and the surrounding community. He/she is enthusiastically focused on Open Door’s mission and on supporting and communicating that mission. He/she is a proven collaborator and team builder who possesses visionary, team-based leadership that seeks out new, creative, and culturally effective ways to present information. He/she is an effective communicator capable of conveying complex ideas to a multigenerational and diverse target audience. He/she is gifted in leadership, creativity, and communication strategies.
Compensation: This is a full-time salary position with benefits.
Work Schedule: 40-45hrs /week. Monday-Friday.
Reports to: Executive Pastor
● Maintain a distinct brand which delivers an accurate portrayal of Open Door, its vision, and the God we represent.
● Lead the development and direction of all internal and external communications including, but not limited to, weekend announcements, church-wide messaging, external communications channels (print, broadcast, social media, website, app, direct mail, etc.), press interactions, comprehensive publicity plans for major church events and other communication tools to support specific ministry and organizational needs.
● Recruit, train, encourage, and develop volunteer teams for engagement in the Communications Department including, but not limited to, tasks necessary for the ongoing operation of the print shop, photography, social media, videography, etc.
● Assist and implement creative ideas for various ministries as they organize and produce events and services.
● Lead or guide messaging as part of video production team.
● Recruit, train, encourage, and develop volunteer teams for engagement in the Communications Team including tasks necessary for the ongoing operation of the print shop, photography, social media, videography, etc.
● Participate on the Worship Arts Creative Planning Team for weekly planning and production of thematically integrated services.
● Develop annual ministry plan and budget for Communication Arts Team.
● Continue to hone technical and graphic design proficiency.
● Lead, develop and empower Communication Arts staff members.
1. Design & Print
2. Website & App
4. Social Media
6. Weekend Service prep
7. Brand Advocate
8. Facilities Signage
9. Media Relations
10. Volunteer Teams
· Highly creative
· Strong, collaborative, leader
· Tuned in to cultural trends
· Team player
· Follows detailed and/or conceptual instruction well
· Takes Initiative and initiates communication with others
· Positive and optimistic attitude
· Ministry minded
· Good listener
· Maintains confidentiality
· Strategic planner
● A mature, growing believer with a clear understanding of the Gospel, along with the ability to clearly communicate it.
● Committed to spiritual integrity and professional excellence.
● 3+ years’ experience in ministry and/or professional communication, marketing, or creative management role.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Proven skills related to managing people and coaching creative teams.
● Significant interactive marketing experience.
● Demonstrable competency in Microsoft office, Google apps, In-Design, Illustrator, Photoshop, WordPress, IOS Platform & Apps.
● Committed to our community.
● In agreement with our doctrine, mission, and values (https://www.opendoor.tv/about/).
Church of the Open Door
43275 Telegraph RoadElyria, OH
Get fresh Art Director jobs daily straight to your inbox!