Senior Analyst, Business Development - Pricing (Remote)
- Posted: over a month ago
Senior Analyst, Business Development - Pricing
Location: US Remote Based
Reports to: VP, Business Development
Type: Full-time Exempt
Compensation: $75,225 - $88,500
Church World Service (CWS) is a faith-based organization transforming communities around the world through just and sustainable responses to hunger, poverty, displacement, and disaster. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
The CWS Business Development Unit (BDU) advances the CWS mission by strategically connecting organizational priorities to diverse and sustainable funding partners and opportunities. We serve CWS, our clients, and funding partners, globally and domestically, through our expertise, processes, and systems. We pursue institutional funding opportunities that meet internally established criteria. As a result, the organization’s value is understood and has the resources needed to reach strategic goals. CWS is now in an exciting phase of strategic development and growth.
Primary Purpose: Reporting to the Vice President, Business Development, the Senior Analyst, Business Development - Pricing will be responsible for the development, analysis, and finalization of the budget/cost proposal for submission to a variety of funders, including the U.S. Government, Non-profit organizations, Multilateral donors, State Governments, Commercial Corporations, Foundations, and Foreign Governments. This position will provide CWS Business Development Unit, Programs, and Technical Unit with direct guidance and support during the capture, proposal development, and any post award cost modification phases. S/He will provide regular, timely and ongoing comprehensive pricing strategies on proposal bids and support to proposal team members and consolidates their inputs to build the proposal budgets and complete cost requirements identified in the solicitations.
- Leads the proposal budget process and develops competitive, compliant, and accurate cost proposals that are responsive to solicitation requirements as well as funder and internal policies. Develop pricing proposal in response to donor/client expectations. Participate in the analysis of Requests for Applications (RFAs), Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Notice of Funding Opportunities, and other types of solicitations and ensure that specific budget requirements for each opportunity are fully understood and can be met by CWS.
- Establishes, maintains, and analyzes historical and current price reference documentation as well as competitive market analysis, and makes recommendations to facilitate optimal pricing decisions.
- Builds a proposal budgets process, including cost application guidance and budget tools / templates.
- Act as a focal point for regional and global Proposal teams regarding budgets for large-scale competitive proposals. Plays a key role in collaborating across functions within Business Development Unit, and other key stakeholders (Finance, Programs, Operations, Compliance, etc.) to address proposal risks, compliance, and competitiveness concerns.
- Provides high quality review of proposal team input to both the proposal budgets and budget narratives.
- Works on new and existing funder bids as well as supports large, complex modifications to existing awards.
- Provides guidance and instructions to partners for the development of sub-award or subcontractor budgets for inclusion in organizational led bids; and provide high quality review and feedback on their proposal budgets.
- As a member of the Business Development Unit, contributes to strategic planning of resource development for the organization, including participating in annual planning, and regular pipeline and forecasting meetings, and contributing opinions on Go/No-Go decision-making.
- Other Duties as assigned as directed by supervisor.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or business administration. MBA is a Plus.
- A minimum of 5 year’s work experience as a pricing/Cost analyst, with substantial experience preparing proposal budgets for Federal and States Government and/or other international development agencies
- Knowledge of USG procurement regulations, FAR/AIDAR. Knowledge of EU and UN and private funder experience is preferred.
- Substantial experience in the use of Excel for budget preparation. Experience with financial enterprise systems a plus.
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of federal pricing and cost analysis theory, concepts, and principles; and can broadly apply these concepts.
- Familiar with best practices and terminology used in both public and private sector contracting.
- Works well in teams and is effective in diplomatically communicating orally and in writing with colleagues in offices around the world, leadership, and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate equally effectively with colleagues in ‘remote’ and diverse teams, including as team leader for Cost proposals.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally; (up to 10% of time)
- Fluency in English required.
CWS’ U.S. COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requires all new staff to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination as soon as reasonable, no longer than 60 days of employment. Any employee who is pregnant, who is nursing, who has a disability, or who has a medical condition that prevents them from safe vaccination, or who rejects vaccination because of sincerely held religious beliefs, may contact the CWS Benefits Administrator to request reasonable accommodation as defined by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
CWS offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
• 403 (b) Retirement Plan
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Life Insurance and AD&D
• Long Term and Short Term Disability
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Health Savings Account
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Commuter Benefits
Church World Service
BusinessView all jobs at Church World Service
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?