Program Officer, Case Management Pilot Program (Remote)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Title: Program Officer, Case Management Pilot Program
Reports To: Director, Asylum and Immigration Legal Services
Department: US Programs
Job Location: New York, NY, Washington, DC preferred; remote possible
FLSA & Union Status: Exempt, Non-Bargaining
Compensation: $61,200 - $72,000
Introduction: Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit, faith-based organization transforming communities around the globe through just and sustainable solutions to hunger, poverty, displacement and disaster. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
The Case Management Pilot Program (CMPP) will provide case management and associated services to non-detained non-US citizens in immigration removal proceedings, including individuals enrolled in US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Alternatives to Detention (ATD). The goal of CMPP is to ensure that noncitizens engaged in immigration removal proceedings in the US have access to voluntary, supportive comprehensive case management services and are provided with referrals for community social services such as job training, school enrollment support, mental health and psychosocial support.
CWS serves as the Secretariat of the CMPP Board, which is chaired by the DHS Officer for Civil Rights and Civil Liberties. The CMPP Board oversees and manages the program, and administers subgrant funding to service providers (individual organizations and/or consortia) for work in targeted communities with high rates of asylum seekers. The CMPP presents a unique opportunity to demonstrate the effectiveness of voluntary case management for noncitizens in immigration proceedings. Reporting to the Director, Asylum and Immigration Legal Services, US Programs, this position coordinates and oversees the program, including implementation, monitoring and reporting on program outcomes.
- Develop effective working relationships with subgrantees ensuring regular communication and coordination.
- Ensure adherence to CMPP goals, processes and regulatory requirements.
- Manage subrecipients’ awards including basic program performance metrics, legal access program performance metrics and financials; review and monitor subrecipients’ implementation plans
- Develop CMPP Manual in collaboration with the Director, Asylum and Immigration Legal Services
- Support Director in planning and implementing program monitoring
- Provide technical assistance including training, creating and updating program FAQs, developing program guidance, conducting site visits
- Define data requirements and indicators, and conduct data blending to aggregate data from multiple sources
- Master CMPP reporting requirements and provide oversight of subrecipients’ grant reports
- Coordinate approval process for key personnel put forward by subrecipients to implement the program
- Review and coordinate approval process of subrecipient’s monitoring and evaluation plans
- Review and coordinate approval process for any subgrants administered by subrecipients
- Coordinate closely with CWS shared services (finance, IT, operations, HR, administration) as needed, to ensure smooth operating of the program.
- Collaborate closely with Director and other CWS leadership to ensure smooth and effective implementation of the CMPP and to address proactively and potential issues before they arise.
- Perform other duties and tasks, as required
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience, preferably related to refugees and migration, immigration services particularly for asylum seekers, and/or international development with a non-governmental organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Immigration Law, International Relations, Social Work, Political Science, Business Administration, or other related field is required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Thorough understanding of the U.S. asylum and migration policy, and refugee/migration trends in Latin America preferred.
- Strong grasp of the US immigration policy landscape including the roles of key US government departments and stakeholders, and ability to engage professionally with diverse partners.
- Extensive experience working with institutional donors, including during the contracting and award management process.
- Proven experience in program development, compliance and applying strategic thinking and analysis to simultaneously manage multiple projects in complex, fast-paced environments.
- Skilled in word processing, databases, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English required.
- Ability to solve managerial, or operational problems and evaluate options based on relevant information, resources, experience, and knowledge.
- An energetic, visionary, compassionate and diplomatic individual with high ethical standards, analytical ability, and good judgement.
- Must be willing to travel domestically.
- English language skills required. Spanish language strongly preferred.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment required.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and willingness to support CWS’ Platform on Racial Justice as a CWS employee required.
CWS’ U.S. COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requires all new staff to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination as soon as reasonable, no longer than 60 days of employment. Any employee who is pregnant, who is nursing, who has a disability, or who has a medical condition that prevents them from safe vaccination, or who rejects vaccination because of sincerely held religious beliefs, may contact the CWS Benefits Administrator to request reasonable accommodation as defined by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
CWS offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
• 403 (b) Retirement Plan
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Life Insurance and AD&D
• Long Term and Short-Term Disability
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Health Savings Account
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Commuter Benefits
Church World Service
AddressNew York, NY
BusinessView all jobs at Church World Service
Get fresh Junior First Officer Pilot jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.