- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you a disciplined person who strives for accuracy and precision in your work?
Are you a hard worker who thrives in a fast-paced environment and takes pride in their work? Do you have great attention to detail and always follow-through on completing your work thoroughly and accurately? If so, our family-owned business is looking for you! The goal of this position is to keep our manufacturing operation running smoothly and efficiently by following routine receiving processes.
ABOUT CHURCH HILL CLASSICS
The trusted leader in the college diploma frame industry, Church Hill Classics handcrafts an exclusive line of officially licensed, high-quality frames for college and university degrees. As a certified woman-owned business and 11-time winner of Inc. 5000's Fastest-Growing Companies, Church Hill Classics proudly designs and builds each custom frame in its Connecticut-based facility.
Benefits include PTO, annual incentive plan with target of 2% of annual base pay (1% guaranteed,) free tele-med plan, health care (including medical/dental/vision), 401k with match, STD/LTD/Life insurance, employee referral bonus, and a 50% Employee Discount.
Process - To accelerate the hiring process, please ensure to complete the Culture Index Survey that is auto-generated by email after your application is submitted.
A DAY IN THE LIFE AS A RECEIVING SPECIALIST:
Responsible for maintaining inventory counts and quality control procedures for incoming product shipments, including unloading delivery trucks, validating receiving documents, transferring inventory within warehouses and properly recording data to warehouse management systems.
- Receive all deliveries shipped from outside vendors and locate within the warehouse(s).
- Inspect materials for damages; report as needed.
- Receive all transfers that are delivered to production facility from CHC warehouse(s).
- Ensure accurate location of received inventory within the CHC warehouses.
- Schedule material delivery and coordinate necessary staffing to offload trucks.
- Work with Procurement and Quality Control to validate product quality and perform Return-to-Vendor as necessary.
- Receive, review and restock returned material appropriately.
- Assist with cycle physical inventory counts as needed.
- Maintain controls for all receiving processes.
- Identify and implement efficiencies in warehouse receiving.
- Train warehouse and production employees in receiving processes.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of warehouse receiving experience.
- Ability to skillfully and safely operate a forklift.
- Familiarity with the use of hand trucks, pallet jacks, and other necessary warehouse equipment.
- Experience with warehouse management systems a plus.
- Sage ERP experience a big plus.
- Highly proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Must have well developed communication and basic math skills, organizational, analytical, and decision-making skills, efficient multi-tasking abilities, ability to supervise multiple workers in an often fast-paced environment, and be able to foster a positive team working environment.
- General understanding of safety and health laws, regulations, and policies.
- General understanding of raw materials, production processes, quality control, cost management, and other effective manufacturing and distribution techniques.
- Must be able to work Monday thru Friday between 7am-4pm.
- Ability to stand for long period of time
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
- Must be able to work in normal warehouse environment.
- Other Requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug and Background Checks Required Before Hire
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Church Hill Classics
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Church Hill Classics