VIOP Enterprise Architect
Chugach Government Solutions, LLC Washington, DC
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Summary/General Description of Job:
· Chugach is seeking a Enterprise VOIP Architect to support the US Coast Guard IT Services team and provide day-to-day IT program support to NIWC on telephony services. The Architect will serve as a technical leader undertaking complex initiatives requiring specialized technical knowledge of VOIP. The Architect will make and drive decisions on complex or ambiguous IT telephony architecture issues, coordinating with users to determine requirements, and ensuring improvements are successfully implemented and monitored, finding ways to increase efficiency. This position will work out of the Washington, DC area. Occasional travel may be required.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
The applicant will perform a portion of the following:
· Qualified candidates will be part of a highly collaborative team accountable for defining and driving our enterprise compute, network and storage strategies. You will own the definition of the desired target state and create the associated roadmaps on how to get there on several infrastructure and cloud related initiatives.
· You will be working with the latest technologies through vendor relationships and proof of concepts, solving large complex problems, and defining new technology enabled opportunities. This role will work closely with Engineering, Security, and Information Services so a broad understanding of these will be beneficial.
· Partner across technology disciplines to present and deliver the needed architectures.
· Consult on the application of reference architecture, strategic direction of enterprise technology, and serve as subject matter expert with contextual knowledge
· Develop and utilize reusable patterns, practices, and enterprise reference architectures that fit within the overall USCG architectural blueprint.
· Work with stakeholders to review and influence product roadmaps, strategies, run proof of concepts, and identify gaps and solutions.
· Manage and maintain VOIP and Networking infrastructure.
· Research and implement new VOIP and Networking technologies.
· Experience using VOIP monitoring tools and resolving Telecommunication issues.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Professional Associations):
· BA/BS or higher degree with 10+ years of experience in IT architecture/design or 15+ years of experience within the industry
- Ability to get a SECRET Security Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship
· 5+ years of experience in core infrastructure engineering in the enterprise network domain (Software Defined Storage in the Public and Private Cloud)
· 4+ years’ experience in SDLC/SELC (requirements, design, build, test, deploy) or similar
· 4+ years’ experience managing Infrastructure components via API’s (Software Defined Infrastructure or Infrastructure as Code)
· 2+ years road mapping experience
· Broad infrastructure knowledge including the design and delivery of IT services to the Infrastructure consumer
· Deep experience in the following: Hybrid Cloud, platforms, security, networking
· API development experience
· Integration experience
· Cloud certifications and/or cloud experience with any major Cloud platform (AWS/Azure preferred)
Chugach Government Solutions, LLC
Chugach is an Alaskan native company with great benefits and endless potential for growth