The role of this Engineer is to support the NIWC US Coast Guard Acquisition team. The candidate will work at USCG headquarters as a NIWC representative to Maritime Security Cutter, Large (WMSL) 9321 team. The Engineer will provide day-to-day program and technical support to WMSL Technical Director. The position requires an engineer with installation, integration and maintenance experience of HM&E and C4ISR systems.
· Provide technical and engineering liaison assistance between the USCG 9321 and PEO C4I, IWS, NAVAIR and ship builder.
· Serve as C4I and HM&E technical advocate to CG-9321 on matters pertaining to WMLS system design and acquisition.
· Provide engineering, configuration management, technical support, and integrated logistics support in the performance of contract and detailed design efforts on systems planned for installation on WMSLs.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Professional Associations):
- Provide executive leadership, program and project oversight, project management, business and financial management, and resource planning and management necessary to support this tasking.
- Shall coordinate resourcing to ensure the proper resources are in alignment with project needs
- Shall provide program management support including product procurement, financial management, system engineering, logistics management, participate in technical reviews, and perform the tasks
- Shall be the single point of contact and coordination agent for USCG C4I and HM&E related issues with Program Acquisition Resource Managers (PARMs), NAVSEA, NAVAIR, NAWC-AD, other government agencies, and industry for the design and planning for the future delivery of an integrated and tested HM&E, weapons, communications and navigation systems
- Must be a US citizen
- BS Degree in engineering or related fields.
- Must have a security clearance at the time of employment
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Technical Management Support for the government
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Experience in Strategic Acquisition Planning and Policy
- Reviewing Systems requirements and System Obsolesce replacements
- Reviewing Lifecycle planning and management
- Be familiar with technology resourcing
- Have knowledge of the development of acquisition planning documents, Multi Interagency Purchase Request (MIPR), Interagency Agreement (IAA)
- Have a working understanding of government budgeting and cost control
- Be familiar with C5ISR and IWS equipment currently deployed on USCG/USN platforms.
- Be familiar with the FAR and other applicable DOD, Military and USCG Regulations
- Acted as a liaison to communicate with key personnel from other departments, government contractors and government agencies to complete program milestones.
- Be familiar with the development of Technical Objective and Guideline (TOG) top level requirements
- Conducted reviews of system/cutter drawings to update modifications to existing design
- Experience in developing schedules in MS Project