Summary/General Description of Job:
This position will be our onsite interface and SELC supporter at TISCOM. As well as being our day to day interface with the USCG stakeholders the candidate will also provide Engineering Change (EC) management support services to the Naval Information Warfare Center’s (NIWC) in support of United States Coast Guard’s (USCG) Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Information Technology (C4IT) related projects. This positon will assist NIWC Project Officers and USCG Product Lines (PL) project managers in planning, acquiring, designing, developing, and deploying C4IT systems and services on USCG shipboard and shore-side assets. The candidate must have demonstrated knowledge and experience with both DOD/industry Change Management processes and the USCG System Engineering Life Cycle (SELC) practices and procedures. Candidate must have excellent organizational and communications skills (oral and written) and have the ability to work both independently and as part of a cohesive project management team.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
· Provide direct support to USCG and NIWC project officers from project concept development through project close out.
· Create, review, and modify Project Management artifacts including but not limited to Project Management Roadmap (PMR), Operational Requirements Documentation (ORD), Functional Requirements Documentation (FRD), Prototype Evaluation Plans (PEP), Project Risk and Issue Registers, System Performance Testing and System Operation and Verification Tests (SOVT).
· Development and implementation of Engineering Change (EC) and Time Compliance Technical Orders (TCTO) for C4IT systems.
· Review system level drawings and schematics for the purposes of extracting logistical support data.
· Interpret system drawings, specifications, mockups, and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, and production sequence.
· Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of both the USCG Acquisition processes and USCG Sustainment processes.
· Excellent written and oral communication skill including ability to participate in high visibility presentations.
· Attend meetings and participate in working groups as required by the customer.
· Manage multiple assignments simultaneously, while working independently and with other project personnel.
· Proficient computer skills especially Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Manage and coordinate all documentation and artifacts as they progress through the SELC and PMO processes.
· Serve as communications liaison with across the project stakeholder community.
· Provide accurate and timely status reports to NIWC and the USCG.
· Support the development of ILS team deliverables