Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries…
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
Summary/General Description of Job:
The Proposal Manager leads their assigned proposal team, to include Proposal Writers, and manages specific proposals as assigned.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Leads assigned technical staff according to company policies and BD department procedures.
- Manages all phases of the proposal development process, starting with proposal assignment to contract award.
- Manages multiple proposals, sources sought/request for information responses, and other business development task and projects concurrently.
- Supports the Proposal Manager II on a project reporting basis when required
- Exercises appropriate judgment and decision-making regarding proposal development, handling of classified or confidential information, and working with team members outside of BD.
- Analyzes and interprets Requests for Proposals and provides consistent guidance to proposal team members, including technical, capture, cost, subject matter experts, and subcontractors.
- Determines the appearance, format, style, and standards of the proposal during the proposal planning phase. Manages production of proposal binders.
- Develops and manages proposal outlines throughout the entire proposal development process based on coordination with the Capture Manager and Cost Estimator or Cost Team Manager.
- Develops and manages proposal milestones and deadlines regarding writing, editing, cost, review, production, and submission via the proposal schedule.
- Develops and manages proposal worksheets, templates, and boilerplate during the proposal planning phase for writers, editors, and subject matter experts.
- Coordinates with BD and other corporate staff to identify subject matter experts.
- Assigns writing and editing tasks to appropriate staff, including Proposal Writers, consultants, subject matter experts, subcontracts, and the Proposal Manager.
- Communicates proposal development strategies, plans, and expectations to all proposal team members.
- Tracks all proposal team writing, editing, cost development, and graphics development.
- Leads regular strategy and status meetings to develop concepts for proposal content and track action items.
- Assigns and follow-up on action items with the proposal team.
- Performs comparison analysis between RFP and Amendments.
- Performs detailed, comprehensive compliance analysis between RFP requirements and proposal deliverables.
- Writes technical narrative based on interviews with subject matter experts, project administrators, and previously created documents.
- Formats documents in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher, and Adobe InDesign and Acrobat according to RFP requirements.
- Edits for grammar, accuracy, organization, and spelling according to style guides and manuals.
- Coordinates and provide timely submission of all official proposal documentation.
- Performs appropriate post-proposal submission duties to close-out the proposal, including archiving of boilerplate and past performance information.
- Travels to off-site locations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to work with a team or independently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals and groups, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to complete work assignments.
- Ability to maintain office efficiency at all times.
- Ability to perform duties in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to deal with a variety of people in a professional and courteous manner in diversified situations.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet required deadlines.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, organizational ability, and initiative.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be flexible, able to work as an individual or on a team, and have flexibility to work non-traditional hours when necessary in an often stressful, deadline-oriented environment.
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines and in a rapidly changing environment where changes happen quickly and customers require a quick response.
- Analytical, highly organized, and detailed oriented.
- Ability to set priorities, multi-task, and lead others.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Professional Associations):
- Bachelor degree in Communications, Journalism, English, or a technical/engineering bachelor’s degree. o Related experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year for year basis.
- Two (2) years of experience working on all phases of multi-volume proposals to the federal government.
- Three (3) years’ experience in a position requiring writing and editing;
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word; beginning proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Power Point.
- Familiarity with technical areas in which Chugach Government Solutions, LLC and its subsidiaries work (base operations, housing and facility maintenance, construction, telecommunications, information technology, environmental services or education services).