Summary/General Description of Job:
Provide engineering, technical, and general project support for the U.S. Coast Guard’s (USCG) Intel Afloat Asset Line (IAAL) on a variety of C4IT Intel related projects. This positon will assist the IAAL System Development Agent (SDA) in planning, acquiring, designing, developing, and deploying C4&IT Intel systems and services on Coast Guard shipboard, aviation and shore-side assets. This person must be familiar with the USCG System Engineering Life Cycle (SELC), Joint Surface Engineering Change (JSEC) Process Guide, and Command, Control and Communication Centers (C3CEN) Project Management Office (PMO) practices and procedures; have excellent writing and research skills, must be able to organize their ideas, and be able to develop project, engineering and technical documentation in support of U.S. Coast Guard C5ISC Service Center and Surface Forces Logistics Center processes.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Comprehensive knowledge of DOD military specifications and standards including USCG specifications and standards.
- Working knowledge and experience with the USCG System Engineering Life Cycle processes, procedures, and documentation standards.
- Working knowledge and experience with the USCG Joint Surface Engineering Change Process Guide procedures, and documentation standards.
- General knowledge and experience with the Command, Control, and Communication Centers (C3CEN) Program Management Office (PMO) procedures and documentation standards.
- General knowledge of USCG C5ISC Service Center processes, procedures, and documentation standards.
- Create, review, and modify engineering and technical documentation including but not limited to Project Charters, Project Tailoring Plans, Engineering Reviews, Project Management Roadmap (PMR), Operational Requirements Documentation (ORD), Functional Requirements Documentation (FRD), Prototype Evaluation Plans (PEP), Project Risk and Issue Registers, System Performance Testing and System Operation and Verification Tests (SOVT).
- Development and implementation of Time Compliance Technical Orders (TCTO) for Intel systems. All documentation will be at the Secret and below classification level.
- Attend meetings, provide briefings, and participate in working groups as required by the customer.
- Excellent written and oral communication skill including ability to make significant presentations
- Review system / component schematics for developing logistical support data.
- Study drawings, specifications, mockups, and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, and production sequence.
- Manage multiple assignments simultaneously, while working independently and with other project personnel.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work within tight deadlines.
- Proficient computer skills especially Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Complete writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adherence to contract requirements.
- Adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Timely completion of work.
- Ability to research and analyze data.
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work.
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Professional Associations):
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Associate degree in engineering, or completion of USCG or DOD Technical Schools. Substituted experience: Comprehensive knowledge of DOD military specifications and standards; and, USCG specifications and standards.
- Experience showing good writing, communication, interpersonal, motivational, and organizational skills
- Intermediate skills in MS Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- SECRET Security Clearance.
- TOP SECRET/SCI Eligible
- U.S. Citizenship
- Baccalaureate Degree in the field of Electronics Engineering Technology or Information Technology, or equivalent. Substituted experience: Comprehensive knowledge of DOD military specifications and standards; and, USCG specifications and standards.
- Demonstrated Expert: Seven (7) years concurrent, relevant experience in engineering, design, maintenance and installation of USCG Command, Control and Communication Systems.
Chugach Government Solutions, LLC