LOCATION: Wake Island, Western Pacific Ocean
APPLY: www.chugachgov.com/careers and search Job ID 1025
*Must have SECRET security clearance and DoD 8570 Level 2 Cert*
Experience the history and beauty of Wake Island by joining our Chugach team as the Island’s PC Support Technician. Located in the Pacific, approximately 2,300 miles west of Honolulu, Wake Island is home to the United States Air Force Wake Island Airfield. Chugach supports our customer’s mission by overseeing all support functions on this coral atoll to include facility/utility operations and maintenance, airfield operations, lodging, food services, medical, and logistics. Apply today for the unique opportunity to work and live in a tropical paradise; room and board is provided while on island. In your leisure time, enjoy beachcombing, lounging in the Crystal Blue Lagoon, checking out old war bunkers, and hooking into World-class shore fishing. If you’d like to start your mornings by seeing the first rays of sun on U.S. soil, contact Chugach today!
The Personal Computer Support Technician provides support to distributed PC/Network environment including installation, testing, repair, and troubleshooting for standalone PC’s and PC’s linked to networks, printers, and other computer peripherals. The Personal Computer Support Technician performs technical, operational, and training support to users of personal computers either by telephone, or on-site for PC desktop hardware and software packages. Supports maintenance actions of communications systems and equipment, meteorological systems and equipment, telephone systems and equipment, and navigational aids (NAVAIDS) including associated systems, subsystems, components and equipment, COMSEC manager duties, in accordance with applicable directives, manuals and USAF contract standards.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Manages user accounts and system resources for local company network.
- Manages user accounts and system resources for the Air Force NiprNet Network.
- Manages user accounts and system resources for the Air Force SiprNet Network.
- Troubleshoots a wide range of computer problems to include hardware, software, and security issues.
- Responds to customer requests for assistance that are submitted via telephone, email, or in person.
- Receives requests for resolution of hardware or software problems that may require in-depth research.
- Analyzes customer problems and researches iMaint software for possible solutions and works with corporate IT to find solutions to the database issues.
- Assists with maintenance of automated meteorological sensing equipment.
- Assists with maintenance, repair and installation of computer and network cabling/wiring.
- Assists with maintenance of ILS equipment, C-E-M or NAVAIDS systems, UHF/VHF GAG radios, or HF single sideband radios.
- Serves as COMSEC Responsible Officer (CRO) alternate. Responsible for storage and accountability of all classified assets.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Demonstrating knowledge of various types of computer hardware, software, and operating systems to include: Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and networking hardware.
- Workable knowledge iMaint software.
- Common office machinery, including copiers, fax machines, and computers.
- Performing duties in a timely, cost effective manner.
- Working harmoniously with others.
- Performing assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Professional Associations):
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three (3) years of computer/help desk experience.
- Possess DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 CompTIA A+ and Security+ certification.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
- Previous experience with MS Server 2000, MS Server 2003, MS Server 2008, and MS SQL Server 2008.
- Previous experience with secure data storage.
- Previous experience using various operating systems, including Windows 98, NT, 2000, ME, XP, and Windows 7.
- Valid State driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Ability to lift 35 lbs.
- Must have a current secret clearance and ability to maintain a secret clearance throughout employment.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-employment physical and drug test.
- Associate’s degree in a computer related field.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses, and descendants, and Alaska shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law.
APPLY at www.chugachgov.com/careers and search Job ID 1025