LOCATION: WAKE ISLAND, Western Pacific Ocean
APPLY AT CHUGACHGOV.COM/CAREERS and search Job ID 995
*Must have DoD 8570 Level 2 Cert*
Experience the history and beauty of Wake Island by joining the Chugach team as our Communications Manager. Located in the Pacific, approximately 2,300 miles west of Honolulu, Wake Island is home to the United States Air Force Wake Island Airfield. Chugach supports our customer’s mission by overseeing all support functions on this coral atoll to include facility/utility operations and maintenance, airfield operations, lodging, food services, medical, and logistics. Apply today for the unique opportunity to work and live in a tropical paradise; room and board is provided while on island. In your leisure time, enjoy beachcombing, lounging in the Crystal Blue Lagoon, and hooking into World-class shore fishing. If you’d like to start your mornings by seeing the first rays of sun on U.S. soil, contact Chugach today!
As the leader of our Communications team, you are responsible for the management, operation, and maintenance of computer systems, networks and associated equipment requirements, electronic equipment (primarily consisting of communications systems and equipment), meteorological systems and equipment, telephone systems and equipment, and navigational aids (NAVAIDS), including associated systems, subsystems, components and equipment, and COMSEC manager duties, in accordance with applicable directives, manuals and USAF contract standards.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Performs all necessary management functions in order to plan, implement, track, report, and deliver the required services described in the applicable Performance Work Statement (PWS).
- Serves as COMSEC Responsible Officer (CRO). Responsible for storage and accountability of all classified assets.
- Oversees maintenance of all servers, internet and IT operations.
- Functions as a Computer Support Administrator (CSA) to the Air Force customer. Ensures proper operation and reliability of all computer and communication systems.
- Functions as custodian of all communications equipment provided under the terms of the contract.
- Ensures that preventative maintenance, testing and repair of equipment is accomplished.
- Provides administrative oversight of the Avaya PBX system which serves as the island telephone central office.
- Maintenance of automated meteorological sensing equipment.
- Performs duties of Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory Coordinator.
- Supervises the procurement of replacements repair parts and bench stock.
- Oversees all satellite communications going on and off island for all civilian and military users.
- Serves as Spectrum Manager Point of Contact for contract.
- Interfaces regularly with on-site tenants to ensure maintenance activities and daily support are provided in accordance with government host support tenant agreements.
- Monitors all work in progress and adjusts work and/or staff to meet variable workloads and/or changes in work and schedules which cannot be accurately predicted.
- Oversees and monitors subcontracted services and ensures services are performed in conformance with subcontract requirements.
- Establishes and administers local operating policies and procedures consistent with the contract, and corporate policies, procedures, standards, requirements, and expectations.
- Ensures contract deliverables are accurately prepared and submitted timely, and in accordance with contract requirements.
- Maintenance, repair and installation of computer and network cabling/wiring.
- Maintenance of ILS equipment, C-E-M or NAVAIDS systems, UHF/VHF GAG radios, or HF single sideband radios.
- Ensures that technical orders are maintained and updated.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Health, safety and environmental requirements as outlined in application regulation standards and technical orders.
- Outstanding organizational skills to ensure an efficient operation.
- Communicating effectively orally and in writing at all levels within a diverse organization.
- Analyzing, interpreting, and applying information and procedures.
- Defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
- Meeting deadlines and handling multiple high-level tasks.
- Demonstrating ability to develop and execute plans efficiently and within budget.
- Creating and maintaining a positive team atmosphere with effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work professionally with a variety of people and personalities.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Professional Associations):
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three (3) years management level experience in network or satellite environments.
- Proficient in MS Office programs; such as, Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Possess a DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 Certification (CompTIA Security+)
- Two (2) years’ experience in maintenance, repair and installation of computer and network cabling/wiring.
- Experience with RF amplifiers, keying and simulator devices, base FM radio systems, intercoms, telephone switch equipment, antennas, and associated subsystems and transmission lines.
- Experience with the use of oscilloscopes, multi-meters, RF and Microwave Power Meters, frequency counters, and logic probes.
- Valid State driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret clearance throughout employment.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-employment physical and drug test.
- Four (4) of the six (6) years on BOS or operations and maintenance (O & M) contracts at a remote location(s).
- Advanced degree in engineering/science field, management, finance, or contracting.
- Five (5) or more years of direct/hands-on experience working in a managerial/supervisory role on a Department of Defense (DoD), U.S. Air Force Civil Engineer Operations and Maintenance contract or operation.
- Experience with ILS equipment, C-E-M or NAVAIDS systems, UHF/VHF GAG radios, or HF single sideband radios.
- Experience with satellite communication systems.
- Ability to lift 35 lbs.
APPLY AT CHUGACHGOV.COM/CAREERS and search Job ID 995