Vice President of Information Technology
Chuck & Don's Saint Paul, MN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
***Candidate must reside in Minneapolis/ St. Paul market***
Independent Pet Partners is a digital, retail, education and services platform for holistic pet wellness comprised of four independent brands across the country – Loyal Companion, Kriser’s Natural Pet, Natural Pawz and Chuck & Don’s. While each one supports a unique region, they all share a common philosophy and mission. We believe wholeheartedly that maximizing pet wellness is as paramount to living our own best lives as it is of our furry friends. Pets and people help each other thrive. And along with our team of experts from nutritionists to groomers to behaviorists, we created a total nose-to-tail pet experience unlike any other with products, services and education all under one roof.
IPP is now on the cutting edge of disrupting the traditional retail and digital landscape in the pet wellness space. We are re-imagining the customer experience and the intersection of digital and physical in-store connections. And we are investing heavily in a digitally enabled, services-led format. Our goal is to support our existing businesses and build them for the future - one that drives customer loyalty through a superior customer experience. We are on a growth trajectory to increase our business by 240% in the next four years. Be a part of this exciting revolution in holistic pet care and wellness.
The VP of IT will be responsible for providing the vision, leadership, planning and management for the development, acquisition, implementation and support of technology across the organization. This position will partner with the CFO and key stake holders to align company information technology with strategic direction and build the technology organization processes and procedures to support business needs.
Essential Job Functions The incumbent must be able to perform all the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Coordinate with business partners and develop strategies to implement various IT solutions effectively.
- Develop customized IT project portfolios and ensure compliance to all business objectives.
- Administer effective delivery of all projects with appropriate budget and timeframe.
- Develop an annual IT plan according to business requirements.
- Evaluate current system and technology and recommend modification to present modules to ensure effectiveness.
- Maintain knowledge on emerging trends and initiate appropriate decisions for various technology.
- Coordinate with IT team members and develop coaching programs to ensure an effective working environment.
- Prepare business goals for both individuals and teams and ensure optimization of business.
- Administer and develop growth strategies for company through various information technology plans.
- Design and execute various business plans and policies and ensure optimization of human resources.
- Analyze requirement for company and develop projects in coordination with software and equipment personnel.
- Monitor all functions of IT department and ensure compliance to work standards.
- Establish time schedule for company objectives and goals and ensure compliance to same.
- Administer work of all employees and ensure work according to schedule.
- Monitor everyday work of organization and provide technical support to all activities.
- Provide technical support to all services of organization.
- Analyze all business objectives and recommend solutions to all IT investments.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Ability to travel to all IPP locations on as needed basis to properly perform all the functions of the position.
- Develop strong partnerships with cross functional business partners both internal and external to IPP.
Nature of Supervision:
- This person will be responsible for leading a team of 6+ IT professionals at various levels. Must be able to perform necessary duties with minimal daily supervision. This position will collaborate with cross-functional teams over which it does not have direct authority. ADD in size of team
- Retail experience is required
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field preferred.
- 7+ years’ experience working in IT operations with 4+ years in a Director level role or above.
- 3+ years’ experience assessing and analyzing current technology environments, such as: computer systems, security, network and systems administration, data storage systems, and telecommunications systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with teams across the entire organization
- Strong knowledge of project management principles.
- Business Acumen – Knows how business works; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Decision Quality – Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Innovation Management –Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market; has good judgement about which creative ideas and suggestions will work; has a sense of managing the creative process of others; can facilitate effective brainstorming; can project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace.
- Listening – Practices attentive and active listening; has patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
- Motivating Others – Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each person’s hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with.
- Managerial Courage – Doesn’t hold back anything that needs to said; provides current, direct, complete and actionable positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Most tasks are performed while seated indoors at a personal computer. Day and overnight domestic travel to vendors, seminars and/or conferences may be required periodically.
- Action Oriented
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Motivating Others
- Presentation Skills
- Technical Learning
- Timely Decision Making
- Managing Vision and Purpose
- Written Communications
- Most tasks are performed while seated indoors at a personal computer. Day and overnight domestic travel required.
IPP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. IPP recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status or citizenship status.
Chuck & Don's
AddressSaint Paul, MN
TechnologyView all jobs at Chuck & Don's