Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
The Casualty Claim Supervisor will be responsible for the direct management of up to five Casualty claim professionals, ensuring consistent delivery of service to our customers and business partners that meets or exceeds Chubb standards. The supervisor is responsible for motivating, supervising, developing and retaining the staff. The position will report to the Regional Discipline Manager and assist to achieve key Casualty business plans and objectives.
- Conduct regular review of files to drive consistent quality control and Casualty Claim Best Practices resulting in exceptional technical and customer service results.
- Deliver and drive implementation of regional projects/initiatives (i.e., best practices, discipline projects, etc.).
- Demonstrates leadership skills including collaboration, influence, strategic focus, communication and accountability.
- Influence and maintain a high level of employee engagement.
- Work with the Regional Manager to manage and identify solutions for business issues and problems within the region for the Casualty discipline.
- Create and foster an environment for personal development of staff that encourages career development.
- Embrace Change management leadership ideology, influencing performance management, coaching, motivating, giving feedback and creating business goals and meaningful development plans.
- Partner with business colleagues to enhance and manage marketing initiatives and customer service commitments for the discipline.
- Exhibits strong proficiency in all functional areas of Casualty claims.
- Exhibits in depth knowledge of jurisdictional nuances.
- Demonstrates exceptional oral, written, and presentation skills that positively influence a wide audience within and outside of the Claim department.
- Demonstrates ability to promote open communication that fosters an environment of continual learning, staff development and team collaboration.
- Strong business acumen skills and understanding of the fundamental components of Claim, Underwriting and industry strategies and trends.
- Successfully manage a diverse staff of individuals within the Casualty Claim Department.
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization time management capabilities.
- Track record of success in coaching and developing staff.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in the handling and/or supervision of claims.
- Bachelors or law degree.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. Chubb is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.