Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Meaders & Lanagan is House Counsel for Chubb & Son, a Division of Federal Insurance Company. In our practice we represent the interests of Chubb insureds in matters litigated in Federal and Texas State courts and administrative agencies.
The firm represents a diverse group of clients, including major financial and cultural institutions, commercial real estate entities, corporations, businesses, not-for-profit organizations, associations, professionals and individuals.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a member of Texas House Counsel, this attorney will be responsible for defending Chubb's insureds in a variety of litigation including insurance defense, casualty defense, premises, auto, commercial litigation, products liability, and general negligence litigation in state and Federal Courts and before governing agencies. Specific duties will include: trial work, conducting and defending depositions and engaging in other pre-trial discovery, drafting pleadings, engaging in motion practice, researching, briefing and arguing appellate matters, appearing in administrative agency matters, negotiating settlements, generating reports and evaluations on assigned cases.
- Admission to Texas State bar and the U.S. District Courts of Texas.
- Must have at least 4 years of casualty litigation experience.
- Additional insurance defense experience including in negligence, products and premises liability, property damage and automobile accidents is preferable.
- Must have strong knowledge of current procedural and substantive law, as well as Federal, state and administrative agency rules.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective oral and written advocacy skills and negotiation tactics. Must have an ability to apply analytical skills in addressing complex legal issues.
- Must be able and willing to proactively communicate with clients, Claims staff and other members of House Counsel.
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.