- Posted: over a month ago
Ensures physical security & safety of Museum's visitors, staff, and collection by monitoring for potential threats and responding to situations appropriately within Museum guidelines.
- Operates all electronic surveillance equipment in the security control room.
- Continuously reviews monitors displaying access control, environmental control, fire and security devices, and CCTV video footage.
- Recognizes normal and abnormal equipment conditions. Understands when and how to respond when conditions are outside of normal parameters.
- Responds to all incidents that occur in the museum as set out in the Security Department Policy Manual, the Museum Policy Manual, and the Emergency Response Manual.
- Monitors the ingress and egress of all staff, and visitors in accordance with established Museum policies and procedures.
- Provides physical security throughout the building during special events. Monitors the flow of people in and out of the public spaces, and the museum overall, to assure the security of the collection, staff and guests.
- Inspects inside and outside of facility to identify and isolate existing or potential sources of security, injury, or health hazards.
- Uses two-way radios to communicate with other staff members.
- Responds to visitor and staff needs/concerns in timely, courteous manner, maintaining confidentiality as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
High School diploma or equivalent is preferred. 1+ year of work experience is required; experience in a security-related field is preferred. Must be dependable, able to follow detailed procedures, and possess strong work ethic. Must be able to communicate effectively and appropriately in written and spoken English. This position requires that the incumbents work a flexible schedule, including evenings/nights, holidays, and weekends. Must be able to work collegially and independent of intensive supervision. Must be able to multi-task.
Mainly works indoors in a busy office area, and is subject to frequent interruptions, but will be required to conduct rounds and other activities which will require outside work, including in inclement weather conditions (heat, cold, and humidity). Because this is an essential position to the operation of the Museum, incumbents may be required to stay beyond their scheduled hours in the event of emergency, and will be required to report to work in the case of inclement weather. Required to comply with uniform standards and appearance guidelines at all times while on shift.
Chrysler Museum Of Art
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?