Senior Facilities & Office Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The senior facilities and operations manager oversees day-to-day office operations, maintenance, and purchasing for 54,000 SF office; facilitates company events; and manages the facilities and operations team. The FOM works in partnership with HR, accounting, and technology to onboard and support staff members and ensure a positive staff experience working in both the main office and remote locations.
KEY OUTCOMES OF POSITION:
- A well-maintained and functional facility that is aesthetically pleasing, organized and accessible for staff and visitors.
- Onsite, hybrid and offsite staff are supported through programs, services, and tools that enable them to be successful in individual and group work.
- Office is secure, staff safety is highest priority, and effective emergency response plans are in place.
- Staff is supported by a fully trained, knowledgeable and customer focused office management team resulting in positive staff experience that upholds the values and culture of The Chronicle.
Facilities Management: Fulfills duties related to maintaining the main office and related office equipment, and provides basic support to remote office work.
- Maintains appearance and function of 54,000 square foot office including maintenance and repair, vendor relationships, and security.
- Plans for and coordinates any additions, changes, or repairs to workspaces; updates and maintains appropriate records. Works with vendors such as furniture companies, designers, and supply companies to design, purchase, install and maintain workspaces.
- Manages relationship with building landlord to maintain excellent building services such as repair and cleaning.
- Maintains all regular service contracts and vendors for regular and preventative maintenance for HVAC, plants, postage meter, copiers, etc.
- Acts as project manager in space planning, office alterations and major repair initiatives.
- Plans and implements office assignments for all departments.
- In partnership with company managers provides leadership role to develop and manage supportive practices around hybrid and remote work.
Operations: Provides daily support of staff by providing fully stocked, cleaned and operational office, and virtual work supports.
- Staffs and manages essential services to include reception, mail, shipping and receiving and office operations including purchasing of supplies and services, office equipment and supplies, and catering.
- Oversees the office management ticket system to support managers and staff to ensure prompt resolution of requests for supplies, repairs, and maintenance.
- Purchases goods and services including supplies, equipment, and equipment maintenance, etc. Negotiates rates and contract terms. Develops and manages relationships with excellent, competitively priced vendors. Manages American Express purchasing account. Ensures timely payment of all provider invoices.
- Prepares annual department budget. Tracks and reports on quarterly department expense related to budget projections.
- Serves as primary point-of-contact with building management and office services vendors on operational issues. Coordinates, as appropriate, with service providers to resolve issues. Reconciles and processes applicable invoices.
- Oversees the scheduling and maintaining of shared office spaces such as conference rooms and teaming spaces.
- In partnership with company managers provides leadership role to develop and manage evolution of hybrid work practices.
Safety, Security, and Emergency Planning: Takes a leadership role in the overall coordination of life safety, security, and emergency response management.
- Leads and manages office security policies, practices, and vendors to ensure the physical office space is safe for the staff and secure from theft, damage, and misuse. Manages office security and access through the Datawatch contract and access management through the key fob system. Acts as company key liaison with DivcoWest Property Management and Admiral Security.
- Forms and leads the internal emergency management team and serves as point-of-contact during any emergency circumstances. Leads internal voluntary program to identify and train staff to provide basic life safety support such as AED and first aid supply.
- Evaluates and updates office life safety protocols as conditions warrant.
- Acts as key contributor to develop overall emergency response plan.
- Leads response to all types of emergency situations to keep staff safe.
Staff Experience and Satisfaction: Focuses on creating and maintaining a positive and enjoyable work environment from onboarding through offboarding.
- Acts as an employee ambassador to ensure a positive work experience and environment.
- Develops and manages company social and recognition events and schedules.
- Supports the development of seamless remote work practices to ensure positive and effective employee experience.
- Acts as point person and provides leadership role with managing evolution of hybrid work practices.
- Provides onboarding and offboarding services to staff including access to amenities, fobs, desk assignments, orientation to office management, and facilities tour.
- Works to ensure onsite, hybrid and remote worker experience a similar and shared work culture.
Staff Management: Manages the daily duties and functions of office management staff to create cohesive, successful, and productive staff and office support.
- Coordinates, oversees, and evaluates the work of assigned office management staff members to ensure delivery of excellent services to Chronicle staff members and a fully trained and motivated department.
- Manages department schedule to maintain necessary coverage across all functions.
- Facilitates effective working relationships, overflow, and back-up support, and workload balance among office management staff members.
- Facilitates regular communications and/or meetings of administrative and office services staff to ensure awareness of upcoming events, peak workload activities, effective coordination, and sharing of information and best practices.
- Coordinates with other key department staff to ensure seamless customer support in crossover areas.
- Proven expertise in purchasing and facilities management required. Office design and construction experience preferred
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Excellent budgeting, planning, and decision-making ability
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to anticipate, prioritize, and manage daily tasks and projects
- Ability to manage multiple projects both independently and collaboratively as a team player, and to interact successfully with all levels of staff
- Strong skills in clear and concise oral communication, with the ability to relate interpersonally and communicate effectively
- Proficiency in written communication, expressing ideas, thoughts, and concepts clearly and effectively in writing
- Proficient computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred
Experience: Minimum of 5-7 years experience in office services or facilities management, including previous supervisory experience.
Chronicle Of Higher Education
Real EstateView all jobs at Chronicle Of Higher Education