Scope: The Laboratory Technician must effectively communicate and interact with Customer Service and the Lab Manager to ensure internal and customer requirements are met and that all work is scheduled and wrapped up properly. Essential Responsibilities
(1) Complete specified number of color matches per week
(2) Assist Color Development and QC Supervisors when required
(3) Obtain starting point formulations for self utilization and also for junior staff in Lab
(4) Assist with training of Lab Technicians in color match and QC process and procedures
(5) Provide input and make recommendations on the use of colorants, additives and carrier resins for use in internal specific processes or applications/end use and for off color correction
(6) Participate in cross-functional teams as directed by the Lab Manager
(7) When applicable, ensure that laboratory activities conform to the requirements of Chroma’s internal quality system.
(8) Review and “wrap-up” of all approved QC products (for shipping requirements and completed color matches and maintain the work schedule board by moving tags to proper locations on their status).
(9) Demonstrate ability to lead people and get results through others
(10) Ensure all paperwork of color development and QC is properly and accurately completed Secondary Responsibilities:
(11) Ensure that all Chroma safety & housekeeping requirements are met; keep area clean and well organized (12) Encourage “Team” concept by maintaining a positive attitude towards the company and co-workers.
(13) Participate in team concept for continuous quality improvement.
(14) Promote positive work environment.
(15) Able to work overtime as required by the Company
(16) Perform all other duties as assigned by Lab Manager Knowledge
(1) Knowledge on plastics technology through extensive experience
(2) Sound working knowledge of all aspects of Chroma’s production facility
(3) Strong technical knowledge of colorants, process/dispersion aids thermoplastic
polymers, Chroma’s processing and end product manufacturing
(4) Inquisitive mind and strong problem solving skills.
(5) Regular participation in industry trade associations and education programs
Here’s a list of Chroma’s benefits that are offered:
Ø Paid vacations
Ø Paid holidays
Ø Group Insurance (Medical, Dental, Life, Vision, Flexible Spending (FSA), Supplemental Life for an employee’s dependents)
Ø Tuition Reimbursement
Ø $500 Referral Bonus
Ø Perfect Attendance Program
Ø Service Awards
Ø Safety Incentive Program
Ø Safety Shoe Allowances
Ø Uniforms provided