Preschool Teacher (2023-24)
- $25,000 to $35,000 Monthly
We are Christian - a community of students, parents, teachers, and administrators with a shared vision of creating a biblically-grounded foundation for students to stand on throughout their lives impacting the world for the glory of God.
Christian School District educates students in a Christ-centered atmosphere by discipling students toward academic, artistic, and athletic excellence. We partner with mission-minded families to integrate Christian faith and academic learning for their children from preschool through 12th grade.
As Christian School District pursues its mission, fulfills its purpose, and lives out its vision, the following values will be reflected in the behavior and character of the community: authentically Christian, pursuing truth, unity in Christ, redemptive relationships, and servant discipleship.
- Plans, prepares, and presents lessons, assignments and instructional materials to students in an appropriate manner.
- Provides instruction that includes, but is not limited to: computer literacy, computer maintenance, and digital citizenship.
- Selects and uses appropriate instructional strategies to include lectures, group discussions, demonstrations, modeling, and multi-media teaching aids to present subject matter to students.
- Provides an atmosphere and environment conducive to effective learning and supervises students in a variety of school-related settings.
- Monitors appropriate use and care of equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintains order and discipline in the classroom conducive to effective learning and supervises students in a variety of school-related settings.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement, and attendance as required by district procedures.
- Prepares, administers, and corrects evaluations and assessments, and records results.
- Counsels pupils when academic and adjustment problems arise.
- Confers with parents and students regarding progress/problems of assigned students; arranges and participates in teacher-parent or teacher-student conferences as necessary.
- May serve on special committees.
- Attends and actively participates in faculty and department meetings; and provides input regarding the planning of instructional goals, objectives, and methods.
- Evaluates student progress using appropriate assessment techniques.
- Improves skill and knowledge base in current trends, research and methodology in instructional techniques, technology, multicultural content, problem solving, and interdisciplinary connections.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate books, instructional aids and other supplies and equipment, and maintains inventory records.
- Knowledge of and efficiency in using Microsoft applications.
- Use FACTS SIS.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Develops and administers curriculum consistent with school district goals and objectives.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and converts lesson plans into learning experiences to develop pertinent sequential assignments, challenge students, and best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
Successful prior teaching experience.
Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, Smart Board, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
Salary and Benefits
$25,000-$35,000 depending on experience and certifications. Medical (+ $75/mo deposited in HSA), dental and vision plans offered to all fulltime (30+ hrs/wk) employees. $25,000 Life/ADD plan for all employees. Child tuition discount.
Christian School DistrictO'Fallon, MO
EducationView All Christian School District Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.