Personal Care Partner II
- Expired: June 29, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking full time night shift team members. The schedules open are Thursday, Friday and Saturday and also a Friday, Saturday and Sunday nightshift.
Responsible for meeting the daily personal care needs of the residents in a manner that aligns with the company’s mission and values. Anticipates, identifies and reports care needs. Supervises medications for residents using established procedures under the supervision of a licensed nurse. Reviews medication administration records (MAR) and administers medications to right resident, right dose, right time, right medication, and right route.
- Attends to the personal care needs of residents in a timely manner and provides assistance with ADLs as requested by residents or directed by supervisor.
- Provides personal care services to residents such as assistance with bathing, dressing, attendance at meals, laundry, etc. with attention to individual resident needs (i.e., hair is combed, shoes are tied, oral hygiene, etc.)
- Anticipates and identifies any resident care needs and reports to supervisor (i.e., hygiene needs, broken eye glasses, skin rash, lost hearing aids, supply needs, etc.).
- Responds to the needs of family members as appropriate
- Maintains open communication with supervisor and/or peers to promote awareness of resident issues.
- Monitors the safety and well-being of residents
- Reports suspicion of abuse, neglect or misappropriation of resources as required by regulation.
- Reports changes in resident status, health or otherwise, to supervisor.
- Monitors and documents resident’s condition as directed.
- Assists residents with prescribed daily medication routine as appropriate and in accordance with state law.
- Alerts RN/LPN and/or supervisor of any questions or concerns with medication records/supply.
- Ensures that proper documentation occurs timely including any refusal of medication and/or treatment.
- Restocks medication carts, drawers and/or storage areas with miscellaneous supplies only (i.e. gloves, sanitizer cups, etc.)
- Completes work orders to communicate necessary replacements or repairs.
- Attends, participates and contributes to monthly staff meetings addressing resident and departmental needs
- Other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications & Experience
- Per the state of operation requirements, Medication certification; QMAP-A/L, Med Tech, Med Aide, Nurse Delegation
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- High school or Equivalent (GED)
- One (1) year experience in some level of elder care preferred
- Proficient computer skills preferred
- Strong self-management and organization skills
- Strong multi-tasking abilities with the ability to handle competing deadlines, flexible and adaptable (open to change).
- Ability to effectively handle difficult and sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements
- Moderate physical activity required by handling objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently.
- Constant standing, walking, and grasping. Frequent stooping and reaching above shoulder heights, occasional sitting, crawling, kneeling, and squatting.
- May have exposure to blood borne pathogens, body excretions and communicable diseases possible.
- Possible exposure to household chemicals.
- Sits, stands, bends and moves intermittently during working hours.
- May be subject to frequent interruptions.
- Interacts with clients, family members and visitors frequently.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
PandoLogic. Category: Healthcare, Keywords: Care Partner
Christian Living Communities
Personal CareView all jobs at Christian Living Communities