Christian Global Medical Healthcare, Incorporated
451 West Milham Avenue, Portage, MI 49024
Direct 269 488 9008 &Toll Free: 1877 595 5173
Fax 269 488 9001
*Christian Global Medical Healthcare Incorporate is at will employer.
ADMINISTRATIVE AND CLINICAL REGISTERED MEDICAL ASSISTANT
A graduate with a diploma, associate degree, or a bachelor degree from a nationally recognized accredited institution.
Certified as a Registered Medical Assistant by the American Association of Medical Assistants.
Be certified by American Heart Association as a basic life support (BLS) healthcare provider responder.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office and if possible EXCEL operations.
Have working knowledge of some versions of electronic patient records.
One to two year experience as RMA in family practice, urgent care, pediatric clinic, or internal medicine clinic preferred but new graduates will be considered if willing to train on the job.
Externship experience in family practice, urgent care, pediatric clinics, or internal medicine clinic is a most.
- Participate in morning prayers and once a month on Saturdays 6-8PM because we are Christian faith based clinic dependent on prayer.
- Doing administrative procedures such as patient registration and management of the reception area, filing medical records, managing and scheduling patients, and maintaining medical records using office systems
- Be able to deescalate potential and actual violent situations in the clinic
- Be a great communicator even under stressful situations.
- To provide timely update for patients in waiting room when provider is running late.
- Assist the provider during an exam
- Document patient care completely and accurately in a timely manner per CGMH policies.
- Operate basic medical equipment
- Understand and apply aseptic techniques
- Take and record vital signs
- Give injections
- Perform venipuncture
- Collect and prepare lab specimens
- Perform a variety of lab tests
- Manage and update medical records
- Process insurance forms
- Know how to activate EMS and perform basic CPR and use AED.
- Know how to apply oxygen to patients and operate a wheel chair.
- Learn CGMH codes and activate them in a timely manner
- Know how to operate office phone system and fax machines.
- Know or learn how to do EKGs, Pulse Oxymetry, Glucose check, pulmonary function tests, and other office procedures.
- Must implement safety of patients and workmates and others at all times.
- Must ensure implementation if HIPAA and electronic records security of protected health information (PHI) of patients, workmates, and business partners at all times and to report in a timely manner any violations to the compliance officer.
- Be compassionate, caring, prayerful professional during and after work hours
- Be willing to take on leadership of mentoring new RMA graduates, MA students, and lead RMA position.
- Know MSDS location and CGMH protocols for cleaning spills, disposal of sharps and needles.
- Implement infection control and proper use of protective equipments (PEs) during work.
- Follow OSHA safety procedures during work to reduce incidents of injuries on the job.
- Responsible to clean exam rooms, floors, bathrooms and to remove trash from clinic during and after work.
- Other appropriate duties that a supervisor may request of you.