***This is a married couple opportunity. Each spouse must apply individually and submit a resume . **** Salary is per individual****.
Christian City Children's Village looking for mission-minded COUPLES to be Houseparents. The Houseparent position is both demanding and rewarding. Houseparents work with 6 - 8 youth in family-structured homes. At the Children’s Village, each home is staffed with a husband and wife COUPLE who live in the home full-time along with their own biological children. Each home is designated for either males or females with a maximum of eight children per home. Each home operates as a family unit – eating meals together, enjoying family outings, attending church together and other typical family activities.
Houseparents are a member of the professional childcare team and the following is expected:
- Provide emotional support, academic enrichment, and direct supervision of a group of children.
- Provide spiritual mentoring and guidance based on Christian principles. Provide safety, stability, well-being, and permanency planning for each child served.
- Develop each individual child's unique abilities to succeed.
- Encourage each child to develop a respect and appreciation for our faith-based heritage by being a living example of your faith. Create an atmosphere of acceptance and unconditional love that would make a child feel at home.
- Respect each child's natural/biological family; work closely with everyone involved in a child's life to accomplish reunification of the child and his/her birth family member(s)/guardian(s) when and if possible.
- Utilize best practice methods and models.
- Attend staff meetings and participates in continuing education programs to keep abreast of the changes in the residential field as well as to maintain current license/certification as required.
- Keep up to date on licensure rules and regulations.
- Attend church services on a regular basis to include, but not limited to Sunday morning, Sunday evening, Wednesday evening, and other services/programs which are appropriate.
- Provide structure and activities to include time for meals, chores, homework, play, Christian education/worship, and various off-campus activities.
- Monitor and maintain physical health, well-being, personal hygiene and special medical needs of all children.
- Maintain all paperwork as required by the CCCV and the Georgia State Dept. of Regulatory Services.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- College degree preferred.
- Formal college or training in the area of youth services or related fields.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with children in some capacity or residential setting. Must be able to successfully complete certification in CPR/1st Aid. Candidates willing to complete lifeguard training preferred.
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record and the ability to pass an MVR Check & Operate 15 passenger van ( no CDL needed). Non GA Driver’s license must be converted to GA Driver’s license within 60 days of employment.
- U.S Work Authorization Required. Ability to pass a background check and reference verification procedure.
- Strong desire to work with youth. Ability to provide care for up to 8 youth at home at a time
- Exceptional budgeting & organization skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours, which will include nights, weekends, overnights and holidays
- Exhibit behavior that demonstrates cultural diversity and sensitivity.
BENEFITS OF BEING A HOUSEPARENT COUPLE
- Competitive Salary ($50,000-$55,000 per couple)
- Housing, utilities & meals are provided by nature of the job
- Houseparents quarters located within main home
- Dependent children bedrooms are nicely furnished
- Discounted tuition to select private schools for school aged dependent children.
- Couples with dependent children are welcomed to apply
- Pets negotiable
- Company Paid health, dental and vision insurance @ 100 %; a 403b retirement plan with company match
- 9 consecutive days off per month.
- Company vehicle use while on duty
- Relocation Assistance
- Paid Training
- Monthly In-service Training
- Use of the many recreational amenities on campus, such as outdoor pool, weight room and full-size gym for personal use