Worship Pastor - Crosspointe Church
- Medical , Paid Time Off
Worship Pastor - Crosspointe Church
Crosspointe is hiring a full-time worship pastor to provide leadership over Crosspointe’s worship ministry and will be responsible for leading our church family in corporate worship. Additional responsibilities and opportunities for growth will be included with the position.
The Worship Pastor will be the “producer” of each worship service and any special programs, including services on Good Friday, Christmas Eve, Christmas morning, as well as funerals, weddings, and special services at the request of the Lead Pastor. This position is a leadership one that requires the individual to serve not solely as a producer of worship services, but also as a shepherd to the people who serve in this ministry. In collaboration with our pastoral staff, the Worship Pastor will plan the worship services including structure and song selection. The Worship Pastor will work directly with the Lead Pastor in planning worship services and special programs, and they will report to the Executive Pastor in areas of technology, communication, and audio-visual production.
- Oversee the music and audio-visual teams of Crosspointe Church, serving as lead worshipper in all worship services.
- Collaborate with our Lead Pastor to plan worship services that glorify God and focus on the gospel.
- Plan and coordinate the flow of all Sunday and special events/services of Crosspointe, including transitions, introductions, cues, videos/media, livestream broadcast, and special elements (e.g., communion, baptisms, baby dedications, etc.).
- Select songs for each Sunday service, incorporating a mixture of hymns and contemporary worship music. We expect to sing theologically sound worship songs from a variety of composers, such as City Alight, the Gettys, Hillsong, Vertical Worship, as well as well-known hymns.
- Direct weekly rehearsals that encourage spiritual enrichment and technical excellence.
- Enlist, train, and involve new people in the worship ministry.
- Distribute any materials associated with the preaching or worship ministries (sermon notes, livestream broadcast, podcasts, testimonial videos, announcement videos, etc.)
- Prepare Pro Presenter slides for general announcements and lyrics to be used during the worship services.
- Manage our Youtube channel, which includes overseeing the livestream for each worship service, and producing/uploading the latest sermon video each week.
- Use our online ChMS “Elvanto” to schedule music and audio-visual team volunteers.
- Oversee the purchase, maintenance, upkeep, and organization of the music and AV equipment.
- Assist in the responsible stewardship of the worship ministry budget, volunteers, and other resources.
- Set annual goals for the worship ministry that align with the overall mission, vision, and values of Crosspointe.
- Regularly participate in the community life of the church, such as attending a Bible study or Life Group.
- Attend a weekly staff meeting, as well as individual weekly meetings with the Lead Pastor for planning worship services and the Executive Pastor for worship service production.
- Conduct quarterly meetings with worship ministry team for building up the unity of the team, cultivating collaboration, and soliciting feedback.
- Write a monthly report to the elders with an overview of the ministry.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing relationship with Him.
- Commitment to and agreement with the mission, vision and statement of faith of Crosspointe Church.
- Actively involved in the life of the church and demonstrates servant leadership by promoting others above self in the church.
- Humility to lead, listen and serve well our existing music team members.
- Exhibit a strong faith commitment to making disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Proficient in piano or guitar and vocal performance; leading worship from keyboard preferred.
- Proficient in leading a worship team in a congregational setting.
- Task oriented, detail driven, team player, genial, hospitable and Gospel centered.
- Proficient in computer skills; must know and understand how to use Mac computers and software.
- Proficient in the use of ProPresenter, ATEM Switchers, digital sound boards, Final Cut Pro, DMX lighting, clicks, and chord charts.
- Motivated, innovative and takes initiative.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve technical difficulties with equipment and technology.
- Flexible and collaborative spirit in worship planning with the pastoral staff
- Able to set goals and meet deadlines.
The Worship Pastor is a full-time salaried position and requires 40 work hours per week. Additional hours will be necessary to support the needs of the church such as occasional special events and for supplementary services during Easter and Christmas. This position offers 50% flexible off-site work hours such as working-from-home or a coffee shop during the weekdays so long as a minimum of 20 in-person hours are met within the hours of 9 AM to 5 PM weekdays.
Salary, health care compensation, and paid vacation time are part of overall compensation. A full-time salary that is commensurate with experience will be negotiated.
Associate Church Planter/Missionary - Operation ABQ
Associate Church Planter/Missionary - Operation ABQ
Roles And Responsibilities
The role of an Associate Church Planter is to work in harmony with the Lead Planter, to have a firm grasp on the purpose, values and strategy of the church plant team.
- Support the Lead Planter in the overall vision casting and leadership of the church’s teaching, outreach strategies, and service planning.
- Able to function as the Lead Planter’s “backup” for sermons and meetings.
- Be missionally and evangelistically minded. Able to communicate comfortably with strangers.
- Be hospitable and able to host people in their homes and be comfortable discipling others at coffee shops and public spaces.
- Be teachable and trainable. New Mexico is a hard, secular location with a nuanced culture that is openly hostile to Christianity. Culture shock is expected, and the candidate must be humble and able to learn from the Lead Planter.
- Be theologically grounded and doctrinally gracious. For a full description of our denominational beliefs refer to the NAFWB.org website.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
At least 2 years of experience in a ministry position and able to provide 3 references from non-relatives who are church leaders.
Able to speak publicly
Able to preach/teach
Able to speak comfortably with strangers
Able to be politically, theologically, and personally gracious and hospitable
- We exist to multiply disciples who live and love like Jesus by sharing our tables and lives with our neighbors.
- Discipleship – Discipleship encompasses a person holistically and seeks for a person to grow in Christ emotionally, spiritually, and mentally. Discipleship is life-on-life and occurs through a more mature believer in Christ teaching other believers how to live and love like Jesus.
- Relationship – The Gospel moves best on the bridge of relationships. We acknowledge the long history of programmatic outreach in the Church but as missionaries to a secularized culture we believe that the Gospel is best shared through life-on-life missional living. This cannot occur unless we are in relationship with others in our neighborhoods, shops, and workplaces.
Multiply Church/Operation ABQ is rooted in three “streams” of thought and which we identify with. We are:
- We are reformed in the sense that our practices and beliefs are influenced and informed by the Reformation of, and subsequent split from, the Roman Catholic Church in the 16th century which resulted in the creation of the Protestant church. We embrace the Five Solas of the Reformation of Sola Scripture (Scripture alone), Sola Fide (faith alone), Sola Gratia (grace alone), Solus Christus (Christ alone), and Soli Deo Gloria (to the glory of God alone).
- As part of our roots in the Reformation, our doctrine of salvation was clarified because of and out of the Reformation. Jacobus Arminius, a Dutch pastor, honed the doctrine of Reformed Arminianism (also Classical Arminianism) which teaches five main points: Total Depravity, Conditional Election, Unlimited Atonement, Resistible Grace, and Apostasy. Armininism is and was a direct answer to what many saw to be the shortcomings of Calvinism. *Note: Reformed Arminianism is the precursor to but is not the doctrine of Wesleyan Armininism as taught by John Wesley, Methodism, and the subsequent Wesleyan movement.
- Our movement, the National Association of Free Will Baptists, is rooted in the ministry of Thomas Helwys who founded the first Arminian Baptist movement in England in the early 1600s. This movement would go on to become the General Baptists and many of their members migrated to the United States with movements being led by Paul Palmer in the South and Benjamin Randall in the Northeast. These “Free Will Baptists” taught the doctrine and form which we practice today of Free Will, Free Grace, and Free Salvation.
- Multiply Church/Operation ABQ exists as part of the Kingdom of God and so recognizes that, as a community, we are multi-cultural from all walks of life. Our staff does not publicly identify with a particular political party and our staff will not affirm, recommend, or endorse any politician at any level, whether it be local, state, federal, or global. We reserve the responsibility to prophesy to whoever is in power. We exist to proclaim the Gospel and its implications both spiritual and social. At times the Gospel speaks to social issues and whenever this happens, we always side with the Gospel and Christ no matter who may be offended.
Christian Career FitPittsburgh, PA
Get fresh Worship Pastor - Crosspointe Church jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.