Worship Coordinator - Trinity Church
Worship Coordinator Opportunity Profile & Position Description:
Trinity Church is passionate about seeing a diverse group of people find a common story in Christ. Since Trinity started in 2007, and has committed to exalting Jesus Christ and honoring God’s Word in all that the church say and do. The four-part strategy is to invite people to Come to Christ, then to Grow in Christ, Serve, and Reach others with the great news about Christ. As God has brought more people, the church continued to be one church which now meets in seven locations, four Hampton Roads locations, one in Reston, Virginia, one in Stuttgart, Germany and one in the Middle East.
The Worship Coordinator is someone with a mature, vibrant, and deep love for Jesus Christ who is both passionate about and gifted in leading people in worshiping and serving God. The Worship Coordinator is responsible for leading worship at their home campus on Sundays, leading worship at certain campus ministry events, and participating in certain church wide events.
- Directly responsible to the Campus Pastor
- Indirectly responsible to the Team Leader of the Worship Ministry Team
This role will average 20-25 hours a week, including Sundays. The dates and times of in-office attendance will vary from week to week depending on the needs of the Campus.
Position Description: Worship Coordinator
- Lead weekly worship services at their home campus. Prepare music, song charts and arrangements for their campus.
- Program multitracks and backing tracks for weekly services at their campus.
- Integrate churchwide Worship Ministry creative/strategic plans, guidelines and protocols into worship and media programs.
- Update Planning Center and production notes for weekend services and special events.
- Assist with other special music/worship events as needed.
- Lead volunteers in weekly rehearsal sessions.
- Regularly communicate with campus Worship Team members.
- Schedule campus Worship Team members through Planning Center.
- Identify, select, and train campus Worship Team members using standard protocols.
- Lead gatherings for prospective, new, and current Worship and Service Production Team members.
- Provide pastoral care and support to campus Worship Team members.
- Train and become adept at the use of Trinity wide software applications for scheduling, project management and administration. (Included but not limited to: Google Workspace or similar cloud-based office software and Planning Center.)
- Attend campus staff meetings and meet regularly with the Campus Pastor.
- Serve on and attend periodic meetings of the Campus Leadership Team in which staff and key lay leaders advise and assist the Campus Pastor on campus-specific ministry issues.
- Attend weekly Trinity-wide worship service planning meetings and monthly all-staff meetings.
- Develop annual campus Worship Ministry goals and objectives in collaboration with the Campus Pastor and the Team Leader.
- Develop annual proposed campus Worship Ministry budget in consultation with the Campus Pastor and Worship Ministry Team Leader.
- Purchase instruments and equipment in accordance with Worship Ministry SOP’s.
Churchwide Worship Ministry Responsibilities:
- Attend service planning and operations team meetings.
- Part of a Worship Ministry Team comprised of campus worship coordinators and led by a Team Leader which Team meets at least monthly.
- The Worship Ministry Team will:
- Establish common worship protocols including standard of dress.
- Update the worship song list used across all campuses.
- Plan regular campus worship team tryouts and establish a
- process for evaluating, selecting and training campus worship teams.
- Plan churchwide or regional worship events as directed by the
- Discuss issues common to the worship ministry at all campuses.
Minimum Requirements/Critical Skills:
- Mature Christian walk.
- Spiritual gift of leadership and/or administration.
- Outstanding vocalist or musician.
- Proven ability to lead worship and to organize and lead a worship team with at least one year of church staff experience or two years as a volunteer leader.
- Physical stamina including standing for several hours and the ability to assist with load in and load out. Must be physically able to bend and stoop, climb stairs or access floor office space via chair lift, and carry and lift objects (up to 35 lbs.).
- Campus Pastor
- Campus Team
- All Worship Team Staff and Members
- Campus Coordinators
- Administrative Staff
Preferred Education, Experience and Expectations:
- Bachelor’s degree; equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a four-year degree.
- Continue in Christ centered spiritual growth and development
- Maintain consistent commitment to prayer and scripture
- Maintain strong spiritual life including marriage and/or family
- Be involved in the church-wide life of Trinity Church
- Support the leadership and decisions of the Elder Board, including decisions made for specific campus
- Cooperate with annual/regular reviews
Support (what Trinity Church provides):
- Hourly compensation and stated benefits
- Resources as specified (computer, office space, etc.)
Christian Career FitReston, VA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.