Key Result Areas & Responsibilities:
Creative Direction & Leadership:
- Strategically plan & implement events and programs to reach youth with the gospel.
- Ensure that all activities & interactions between staff/volunteers & youth are morally appropriate.
- Build, practice, & educate a team for platform ministry.
- Teach and preach at youth and other services.
- Conduct youth services.
- Build, train, & guide an effective youth team that can pastorally follow up with new students as they attend the program.
- Train volunteers for effective phone & face-to-face pastoring,
- Create and conduct Christian outreach events
- Create an atmosphere in youth and church services which is welcoming, fun, & full of faith
- Care for the well-being of the team leaders & vist/support them when they are facing difficulties
- Be a point of contact for all youth enquiries
- Teach and practice Biblical truth without compromise
- Identify people in need of assistance and organize and/or provide for the appropriate help.
- Work with your Pastoral Oversight and other welfare agencies to provide appropriate help.
- Pray for & respond to needs intentified in prayer requests
- Conduct pastoral phone calls
- Report promptly on any incidents or safety issues
- Report emergency or urgent pastoral care situations to your Pastoral Oversight
- Record attendance weekly
- Manage budget
- Lead, develop, and oversee ministry teams - this includes the following:
- Recruit, train, motivate, & support team members
- Arrange and conduct team meetings
- Conflict resolution
- Follow up on youth interested in volunteering and help them find a suitable team / role
- Identify & train potential leaders for team leadership roles
- Promote unity between the youth ministry & greater church by supporting the ongoing vision of FCC through:
- Encouraging youth to attend weekend services
- Serving and attending weekend services personally
- Promoting events and activities at FCC
- Faciliate support for members of the church:
- Relationship support
- Trauma pastoral support
- Grief pastoral support
- Hospital visitation
- Funeral support
- Home visitation
- Relationship & commitment to Jesus Christ
- Total commitment to FCC and its vision of helping people take their next step with Jesus
- Total commitment & loyalty to the leadership of FCC, and the ability to work in a team environment
- Spiritual maturity - consisting of a pleasant, forgiving, non-judgemental, but assertive manner - able to deal with people's character defects with gentleness and respect.
- Confidentiality - ability to hold sensitive ministry information in confidence and cheer for the church in public & troubleshoot in private.
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm
Christian Career Center